PDA

View Full Version : Bill B. for Tarheel CCA Custodian...

MTechnik540i
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM
...Discuss...

billb
01-15-2006, 09:40 PM
...Discuss...
"Thank you for your support!"

Yep, tossed my hat in the ring for the only "contested" position in our Chapter this year. Custodian will mean that I get to keep all the goodies at the house for the Chapter. Heard a rumor that we have an autocross trailer...unsubstantiated at this point.

My platform is a turkey in every pot, a baby kissed at every corner, er...wait, no.

I just aim to please, and do a good job at it.

MTechnik540i
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
"Thank you for your support!"

Yep, tossed my hat in the ring for the only "contested" position in our Chapter this year. Custodian will mean that I get to keep all the goodies at the house for the Chapter. Heard a rumor that we have an autocross trailer...unsubstantiated at this point.

My platform is a turkey in every pot, a baby kissed at every corner, er...wait, no.

I just aim to please, and do a good job at it.

No biggy Bill, look forward to getting together again.

billb
02-17-2006, 12:40 PM
...apparently there was a tie between me and the other candidate for Custodian for our Chapter. Who woulda thunk it? The board members who did not cast votes during the election will decide the tie. Stay tuned, perhaps I can report back from the banquet if I can get the wi-fi thing to work on my beater laptop.

billb
02-19-2006, 12:16 PM
As we arrived at the banquet, I was approached by members of the board, saying they still had a tie, and were going to have a revote. I was next approached by the Activities Chairman, who indicated he needed an understudy for his position on the board, and would I be interested? Quick conference with my wife, asking if she was okay with this change in direction. She said go for it. So, now instead of hawking the club's wares, I'll be helping plan the annual events (and execute them). Including the Club race outing in April at VIR. This may mean pacecar duty...heh heh.

Thanks Trevor for your support, but in the end, both candidates won. How about that?

Oh, and I put in my $5 for the large prize raffle (admission to the July Driver's School at VIR, a BMW golf bag, BMW watch, or a $100 to Korman Automotive). And I won the second draw! The driver's school went first, of course, so I picked the watch. Very cool, the one with the blue face. Here's a pic.

http://www.bmw-online.com/TROUT_Product_display.asp?p=Universal+Watch&i=http://64.27.127.151/Img/Img/watches%5Funiversal%2Ejpg

The watch and golf bag were donated by Sale BMW of Kinston. Thanks guys!!

Plus the wife and I stayed at a great little bed-and-breakfast on Pollock Street called the Meadows Inn, in, of all the rooms available, The Bavarian! It was full of steins, pictures of German hillsides, and little matterhorns. Very cool!

As if all that wasn't enough, the little 318is got 27 mpg on the way down (rainy, windy) and 32 mpg coming back!!