PDA

View Full Version : Trans error free fix

Litledevl
01-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi guys great info on this forum sorted two problems with you guys help so far. I have a 525i 91 reg had the trans error message got the ideas from you guys about what could be wrong and eventually sussed out that the trans error message only came on on when the little light that shows what gear you are in had a dash on it (its an automatic) from this i knew it was electronic fault. took off the gear stick and the little yellow box that sits at the bottom of the stick gave it a good clean with alchohol and it was sorted no more problems. Now i just had the flat battery and unable to get into the car problem but the emergency unlock procedure worked on the passenger door but not the drivers door so thanks again for your help. 2 problems sorted at no cost to me where i would have had to pay hundreds at a garage.

Litledevl
01-15-2006, 08:23 AM
OK maybe it aint fixed yet. I took the tape of the wiring in the boot but there doesnt sem to be any damage to the wiring is there anywhere else you can think of that would cause this? Also if i dont lock the car i dont get the flat battery could i just take out the fuses for the central locking to stop the flat battery untill i can find the problem wires?

Javier
01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
the left trunk lid hinge? Just behind the plastic cover.

Javier

Edit: You can remove F31 (under back seat) as it is the probably culprit circuit, but you will loose several central locking functions and will get some gremlins as double locking.

Litledevl
01-15-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah totally stripped it back and cant see any damage whatsoever

Javier
01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
culprit of the current leak (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12517).

Javier