PDA

View Full Version : BBS 17" Wheels

Hector
03-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have any experience as far as their reliability is concerned? How do they compare with Rondells? I'm thinking about buying these pretty soon.
Hector

David Chen
03-12-2004, 01:04 PM
BBS used to supply original equipment wheels for BMW so they must be reliable, right?

They are lightweight, good quality wheels. Perhaps some Rondell owners could pipe in too.

Cheers,

David

DueyT
03-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have any experience as far as their reliability is concerned? How do they compare with Rondells? I'm thinking about buying these pretty soon.
Hector
As David noted, BBS wheel is nice, light, strong, well made, etc... "BBS RS" = "BMW #5" are particularly nice...bring your toothbrush to the cleaning party! :)

Cheers,
Duey

http://www3.sympatico.ca/dnatown/540whl-2.JPG

JR'Z 525
03-12-2004, 01:48 PM
I've previously owned BBS and currently have Rondell 58's on my 525. They are a very nice wheel for the $. My wife's Camry has BBS's on it. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either one but BBS may be a hair better quality wise but a bit pricier. The BBS#5 shown previously is a very nice wheel for the e34!
Before you buy anything ask up front if the wheel will require hub-centric rings. I didn't know my Rondell's would require them (they come with a snug fitting plastic ring) and may have reconsidered had I known that. I suspect most aftermarket wheels are going to the larger hub size to fit both the e34 & e39 and conpensating for the e34 crowd with hub rings. Being an old tire buster from way back I'm somewhat leery of hubcentric rings...just something else to worry about.
JR

Hector
03-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Here is a site that I've created so that you guys can view a copyright-protected (who cares) BBS replica. It's nice but doesn't seem to be as nice as that shown by DueyT. His has a bit more detail than the one I'm looking at. Any more impressions?
Hector

http://www.geocities.com/frothlikn/classic_tan1.html

bahnstormer
03-12-2004, 02:00 PM
i was considering the bbs RX line of wheels, but the rondells were cheaper.
i think they are heavier as well, but that just makes them sturdier.

the bbs lm's are beautiful - if u can afford 800 per wheel get those =]