PDA

View Full Version : 6 weeks still no heat

Steve Nmaeth
01-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I need some help. My alternator went out on my 91 525i. In the process of replacing the alternator I had to remove the top radiator hose and drain some coolant. Since then I have had no heat. Replaced thermostat, thermo housing, water pump has metal impeller, replaced heater valve, auxiliary heater motor works well, gone through 2 gallons of cool blue in bleeding, no leaks in coolant system, still no heat. Any suggestions?

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
01-13-2006, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=Steve Nmaeth]I need some help. My alternator went out on my 91 525i. In the process of replacing the alternator I had to remove the top radiator hose and drain some coolant. Since then I have had no heat. Replaced thermostat, thermo housing, water pump has metal impeller, replaced heater valve, auxiliary heater motor works well, gone through 2 gallons of cool blue in bleeding, no leaks in coolant system, still no heat. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

On my M20 powered 325is it took a good rev to purge the air despite all other attempts. Have you been driving the car much? Any other symptoms? Overheat?

Jon K
01-14-2006, 01:51 AM
wow i thought you meant your house. our second floor heater unit failed about a month ago and was off for over 2 weeks, the upstairs was FREEZING. I had 6 blankets at night.

Dash01
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Did you turn the cabin heat controls to full heat position, run the engine, and bleed the air from the system via the bleed screw?

Steve Nmaeth
01-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes,
I have done all of that. I have a minor leak in the expansion tank which all of last winter. Would that be enough to screw things up?