PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of ditching plate

wingman
01-13-2006, 12:15 AM
You will clearly see my number plate in my signature. As you will know it stands for BM(W)E34A(auto). When my mother saw it for the first time she said, "Oh I like your plate, be me." Faaaarrrk I thought. I'd never looked at it that way. People will think I'm a wanker. I then thought nah it's just her. A work mate then commented, "Be me! why would I want to be?" Ditch it or what?:(

Zeuk in Oz
01-13-2006, 12:25 AM
You will clearly see my number plate in my signature. As you will know it stands for BM(W)E34A(auto). When my mother saw it for the first time she said, "Oh I like your plate, be me." Faaaarrrk I thought. I'd never looked at it that way. People will think I'm a wanker. I then thought nah it's just her. A work mate then commented, "Be me! why would I want to be?" Ditch it or what?:(
Interesting dilemma !

I had personalised plates when I was 20 or so (a gift from a friend) but I must admit I found them a pain so I let them go with the car it was on when I sold it.

I find anonymity a safer place to be !

In your case though, as it really doesn't identify you in so far as it doesn't give your date of birth, name, etc etc, just live with those who don't understand and ignore them. The rest of us get it !

kev535i
01-13-2006, 03:49 AM
anyone with a BMW understands it isnt that all that matters!:D

BigKriss
01-13-2006, 04:16 AM
I would keep the plate also. Only a real enthusiast knows what it means. I agree with the others, forget the rest!

Torque
01-13-2006, 05:32 AM
I'd keep it.

I just ordered a new german Plate for the front that says 'BMW-Five' (BMW-FuNF) in German. :) When my US plate comes up for renewal, I'm getting the same thing on it. :)

wingman
01-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Nice plate Torque! I was considering 'funfer' but the cost for this in NSW OZ is prohibitive. BTW How do you find the JVC head unit? I assume you can plug your ipod straight into it.