PDA

View Full Version : Driveline mods you can really feel

MikeV
03-12-2004, 09:42 AM
There are a couple of live threads about how to reach 250 hp in a 525/535, etc... good topic, but I'm more interested in mods you can "feel," meaning streetable acceleration.... w/o modifying the block ;)

So far I've got two:

1) EAT chip -- can't say enough good about it. Don't know or care how much it raises max HP, I just know it makes a noticeable difference in torque from 2500-4000 RPMs (and shaved 3/4 sec off my 0-60 time).

2) Diff swap -- went from 3.15 open to 4.10 ltd slip.... what can I say? Not particulary practical to move up 30%, but it's an absolute blast -- shaved another .7s off the 0-60.

Gets harder from here.... lightweight underdrive pulleys would help, but I would probably only want to underdrive the p/s pulley and possibly the alternator. Could possibly gain a little from moving to an electric fan as well. Yeah, a 6-speed would definitely help, but I'm waiting until the auto dies a natural death for that one... ditto a better torque convertor, too many bucks for the bang.

Any thoughts/tricks?

MikeV
03-12-2004, 09:49 AM
BTW, it's soooo much easier when you can just throw in a pint of octane booster and crank up the turbo boost another 2 psi.... 19 HP for 6 bucks ;)

jplacson
03-12-2004, 10:26 AM
What chip are you using?