PDA

View Full Version : Sitting here waiting again to go back to the dentist, I was working on a

Bill R.
01-12-2006, 11:17 AM
mercedes ml320 yesterday and was shocked at how high mercedes parts are getting... I get 20% off at the dealer an my cost on front and rear brake pads and one oil filter and drain plug copper gasket was 296.29 front pads were 132 rear pads were 110 oil iflter was 17.76 drain plug gasket was 1.20 and 14.40 for a brake wear sensor... outrageous.. and a quote on a power steering pump for it. 577.60. it seems like mercedes has really taken some big price hikes recently... Another goofy example i had to replace one coil on a lexus rx300, coil cost 150 from lexus and 15.00 for one spark plug with my discount, they have toyota part numbers on them so i went to my local toyota dealer and the coil was 71.50 and the plug 10.50

dacoyote
01-12-2006, 11:27 AM
What are you having done at the dentist this time?

Mitch90535im
01-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I went to the dentist this morning for crown prep work. This was the 2nd time I've ever had laughing gas. The first time I didn't think the gas had any effect, but today was different. It jumped on me pretty darn good. When the dentist got ready to start drilling he asked if I was Ok. My response was that he could cut my head off now, and even if I could feel it, I really didn't give a damn. Pretty good stuff.

632 Regal
01-12-2006, 11:33 AM
whats the cost from BMA? I know you "need it now" but just wonder what their costs are.

dacoyote
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
whats the cost from BMA? I know you "need it now" but just wonder what their costs are.

BMA is great... not sure I would trust them with my dentist stuff

dacoyote
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I went to the dentist this morning for crown prep work. This was the 2nd time I've ever had laughing gas. The first time I didn't think the gas had any effect, but today was different. It jumped on me pretty darn good. When the dentist got ready to start drilling he asked if I was Ok. My response was that he could cut my head off now, and even if I could feel it, I really didn't give a damn. Pretty good stuff.

Yeah.. when it works... it works good......

Jeff N.
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
...and decided to make the service program part of the profit lifecycle of the vehicle. Suspect in the past that parts provisioning was sort of a "necessary evil" with the plan being to ensure that costs were covered and an appropriate margin was made by the dealers, suppliers etc.

Now, it looks more like they've determined how to maximize the revenue stream associated with ongoing maintanance of the car. Differing price points for identical parts tied to brand segmentation suggest this.

In the computer area, software and hardware maintance prices are often increased as the item ages to encourage the owner to move to the lastest version.

Hmm...wonder if that's part of what's going on here.

Jay 535i
01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Was at the BMW dealer today to pick up a $2 light bulb. They had E46 sports brake rotors, vented and drilled -- CDN$320 EACH!!

granit_silber
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
...and decided to make the service program part of the profit lifecycle of the vehicle. Suspect in the past that parts provisioning was sort of a "necessary evil" with the plan being to ensure that costs were covered and an appropriate margin was made by the dealers, suppliers etc.

Now, it looks more like they've determined how to maximize the revenue stream associated with ongoing maintanance of the car. Differing price points for identical parts tied to brand segmentation suggest this.

In the computer area, software and hardware maintance prices are often increased as the item ages to encourage the owner to move to the lastest version.

Hmm...wonder if that's part of what's going on here.
It may also have something to do with the supplier problems MB is having. They've started this new program where if your quality slips you get a warning . The next time it happens you're cut off. So it may be that MB is paying for that policy by raising prices where they can.
-ashley