PDA

View Full Version : I finally caved in & bought ETK & TIS...can't wait!

mancini_mark
01-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone,

Well, I finally converted to the ETK. I've been using a Bentley for years now. I've done almost everything myself with that alone, but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

When I realized how much someone else would charge to change my heater core, my Scottish roots (25%) took over and I will be doing the work myself this summer against the wishes of the wifey ;). So I guess the savings will go towards something nice to make her happy...or beer to make me happy! Just kidding. She loves the 5er as much as I do.

Mark

Bill R.
01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
parts catalog for the bmw and the tis has very little coverage of the e34's

Hi everyone,

Well, I finally converted to the ETK. I've been using a Bentley for years now. I've done almost everything myself with that alone, but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

When I realized how much someone else would charge to change my heater core, my Scottish roots (25%) took over and I will be doing the work myself this summer against the wishes of the wifey ;). So I guess the savings will go towards something nice to make her happy...or beer to make me happy! Just kidding. She loves the 5er as much as I do.

Mark

uscharalph
01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
parts catalog for the bmw and the tis has very little coverage of the e34's
That's basically my experience also.

zygoteer
01-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I was dissappointed in the CD's too

mancini_mark
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
That kind of sucks. Good thing I only used a paypal credit that I had to buy the set. It's a 7-cd set with other stuff. Maybe it will show me enough detail to fill in the gaps in Bentley?

Mark

Kalevera
01-11-2006, 08:43 PM
What you want is a factory repair manual/blue book, which, as with most TIS procedural outlines, is only "a suggestion" about how the procedure might be completed. All of this stuff is on webtis these days, but it costs big money. I know we've got them, but they're not cheap -- http://www.koalamotorsport.com/lit.asp?s=5 -- 245 bones.

best, whit

Eric Clark
01-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

Mark

If you need any help Johntee540 and I replaced mine. After us being bone heads and doing many things the hard way I am sure we can easily walk you through it. Now that I did it once I would do it again and it would probably take half as long. Just make sure you have the beer stocked when the core arrives so you can be prepared when you are finished.

Blitzkrieg Bob
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
even though it does not help much with repairs, it will give BMW part # s and help you get the right parts without dealing with the "parts dude".

Triton540i
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Go to TechnoBMW.com for an online ETK! You can access it from anywhere, why buy an ETK disc?
-Eric
Minneapolis Bimmer Owner's Group Founder
TechnoBMWPresident@gmail.com

That kind of sucks. Good thing I only used a paypal credit that I had to buy the set. It's a 7-cd set with other stuff. Maybe it will show me enough detail to fill in the gaps in Bentley?

Mark