PDA

View Full Version : i've come to the end of the road with my e34...

shragon
01-10-2006, 12:01 AM
well, the time has come, where i will have to part away with my e34. :( i just wanted to say thanks to everybody here. i've enjoyed the help, chats, discussions, and laughs here. from the old skook bimmer.org days to the lame crap at roadflea to the introduction of this board as a result of it, the 5er group really is a great bunch. it really is true that the 5er group is truely first class. i've made some great bimmer friends, on and offline. oh, and i can't forget about bmwe34.net!

anyway, i'm sad to say that i'll be jumping ship from bmw, to this...

http://tinypic.com/k0q3w4.jpg

shragon
01-10-2006, 12:02 AM
j/k!

actually this weekend i picked up a brand new 2006 e90 325i. it's sparkling graphite with black leathette interior, sport package, and xenon lights.

the change is bitter sweet, since i will miss my good ol' e34. kinda like parting away from an old friend. but i'm really liking my new e90 as well.

anyway, again, i just want to say thanks to all of you for all the help and support you have given me through the years. and i'll still be sticking around here too, even though i will no longer have my e34. i just hope the e90 crowd is as great as you guys!

here are a few quick pics i took tonight:

http://tinypic.com/k0q6pz.jpg

http://tinypic.com/k0q70j.jpg

http://tinypic.com/k0q72r.jpg

if you're interested in buying my e34, please see: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465949
it's looking for a good home and needs a new transmission.

Jon K
01-10-2006, 12:12 AM
dunno rob, i would have done a 5 speed swap on your E34. I have a couple questions for ya regarding your E34.

mattyb
01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
very happy to hear u were just joking. that looks like a very respectable motor. congrats! shame u cant keep both.

Derek A.
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
what are you doing with th e34 ?

shragon
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
i would try to keep both if i had the room. but i just felt it was time to move on. i'll surely miss the e34. someday when i do have room, i hope to pick up a e34 m5 or e30 m3 for a weekend car. much love to old skool bimmers!!

shragon
01-10-2006, 12:26 AM
what are you doing with th e34 ? it's up for sale. please see: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465949

the tranny is toast and needs a new one.

liquidtiger720
01-10-2006, 12:38 AM
:(

I really really really love your car shragon. It's sad that I won't see it around the richmond district anymore. :( At least my gf won't have to see me drooling over it everytime I see the car in the area now.

Would you be interested in selling/trading the exhuast + the mirrors + the maybe the smoked corners(who are they made by anyways?)

kyleN20
01-10-2006, 12:40 AM
sick car, both of them, id love to buy yer e34 if i want so busy with ****

emw525E34
01-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Rob,

The Honda is Front-wheel drive!. Meaning torque steer, I just hated that, give me RWD or 4WD and I can live with it.

InfernoM3
01-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Hey Dude,

good luck with the sale. Sorry to see you sell her. I really liked your ride. Would be interested in the rear apron, sides, m5 rear panel, lip spoiler, smoked front/rears and mirrors possibly.

Anton CH.
01-10-2006, 01:51 AM
That was one sweet looking e34. Love the hm2, something tells me that the e90 is not going to look stock not for too long.

shragon
01-10-2006, 02:09 AM
:(

I really really really love your car shragon. It's sad that I won't see it around the richmond district anymore. :( At least my gf won't have to see me drooling over it everytime I see the car in the area now.

Would you be interested in selling/trading the exhuast + the mirrors + the maybe the smoked corners(who are they made by anyways?) i'm pretty sad seeing it go myself. i need to try to sell her fairly quick, so i am not interested in trading parts at this time. sorry.

the smoked corners are made by in.pro.

Rob,

The Honda is Front-wheel drive!. Meaning torque steer, I just hated that, give me RWD or 4WD and I can live with it. the accord was a joke. :p i picked up an e90 325i.

Hey Dude,

good luck with the sale. Sorry to see you sell her. I really liked your ride. Would be interested in the rear apron, sides, m5 rear panel, lip spoiler, smoked front/rears and mirrors possibly. thanks man! sorry, but i'm not parting it out at this time.

That was one sweet looking e34. Love the hm2, something tells me that the e90 is not going to look stock not for too long. haha, going to try and resist not to do anything for a while.

Paul in NZ
01-10-2006, 04:19 AM
hope you do stick around shrgon.....one more original(for me) gone!

Voodoo
01-10-2006, 07:26 AM
For many years I've watched everybody's cars on this forum...and I always thought your black BMW was the best looking E34 here...so clean, so nice, sooooo sweeeet... :). I used your pictures many times just to tell my "non-BMW" or "2006-car-shapes" friends: "THIS is how a car should look like !!!". I hope it finds a loving owner.

Elekta
01-10-2006, 08:23 AM
nice pontiac ;)

Gayle
01-10-2006, 09:04 AM
For many years I've watched everybody's cars on this forum...and I always thought your black BMW was the best looking E34 here...so clean, so nice, sooooo sweeeet... :). I used your pictures many times just to tell my "non-BMW" or "2006-car-shapes" friends: "THIS is how a car should look like !!!". I hope it finds a loving owner.

After this raving endorsement, I wanted to take a close look at your car. Only one of the pictures work for me in the link. Lots of red x. :(

Are you going to post it for sale on this site?

Sorry to see you move on but congrats on your new car. Glad the accord was just a joke.

azale
01-10-2006, 09:55 AM
That car will not last long. The more I look at your car, the closer I get to convincing myself to fly out to CA and push it home to MI. If I hadn't just bought a car I'd seriously consider going out there to get it (I would love to have 2 black e34s).

Any idea how much power you have with the chip and exhaust (and the oil filler cap :) )? How bad is the trans? Can it drive in gears 1-3?

Who belongs to the BMW 3s in the bimmerforum pictures?

Good luck with the sale.

shragon
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
hope you do stick around shrgon.....one more original(for me) gone! e34's are still my first love.

For many years I've watched everybody's cars on this forum...and I always thought your black BMW was the best looking E34 here...so clean, so nice, sooooo sweeeet... . I used your pictures many times just to tell my "non-BMW" or "2006-car-shapes" friends: "THISis how a car should look like !!!". I hope it finds a loving owner. thanks for the kind words! the lines of the e34 are truely classic!

nice pontiac ;) yea, it's a grand-am with roundels. :p

After this raving endorsement, I wanted to take a close look at your car. Only one of the pictures work for me in the link. Lots of red x. :(

Are you going to post it for sale on this site?

Sorry to see you move on but congrats on your new car. Glad the accord was just a joke. thanks! i believe imageshack.us was having some server issues last night. hopefully they work now. on my original post, i got a link back to bimmerforums for a for sale post i put up. i should prob do the same here.

That car will not last long. The more I look at your car, the closer I get to convincing myself to fly out to CA and push it home to MI. If I hadn't just bought a car I'd seriously consider going out there to get it (I would love to have 2 black e34s).

Any idea how much power you have with the chip and exhaust (and the oil filler cap :) )? How bad is the trans? Can it drive in gears 1-3?

Who belongs to the BMW 3s in the bimmerforum pictures?

Good luck with the sale. i think conforti claims peak hp at a lil over 200. exhaust didn't do squit imho. but looks and sounds nice. the tranny is toast. unless you drive it gently and not on the freeway, you'll get the trans program message and the car will go into limp mode. even driving it around the block you can smell some burnt tranny fluid.

the avus blue m3 is my friend adam's and the alpine white m3 is my friends alanna & calvin's.

Qsilver7
01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
BOY!...Are you in for a culture shock on a "new car" message board! The "flava" of the e90 message board is going to be totally different than one like this...it will be geared more toward modding and upgrades...mine-is-bigger-than-yours...poseurs & wannabes...true BMW-o-holics...new converts to the "faith"...etc, etc. But it can be exciting too as new friendships and discovery of how the e90 functions, what it's strengths and weakness are electrically, mechanically, etc. As a plus, the car is still under warranty so self-repair stuff is basically nil. The exploration of fixes, kludges, and repairs is a few years off...no "archives" etc....so go blaze a new trail for others to follow if and when they get there! :D

Best of luck with the new car...and just because you have an e90 doesn't mean you must leave here for good! Stop back and see us some time. ;)

Torque
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
I love that car like it's my own. I am sad you have to let it go.

Hopefully you'll come back to the e34 one day. Best of luck with the e90.

Voodoo
01-11-2006, 03:00 AM

These are the pictures I was talking about:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1675695
If someone didn't visit his site yet...I suggest you do. It really is a beautiful car.

shragon
01-11-2006, 01:23 PM
thanks guys!

Incantation
01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
you only want 5k for the car? that's crazy.. i just don't get how these cars go for so cheap

McWatters
01-11-2006, 04:02 PM
Dam man that car of yours is soo beautiful. whhyyy

good luck with the new one

cheers

J.Mcwatters