PDA

View Full Version : Fuse #9 blows when I turn on the A/C?

tlp
01-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm trying to troubleshoot the A/C which is not working. Visually everything looks fine but it does not blow cold air and it blows fuse #9 everytime I turn it on? Any ideas?

Javier
01-10-2006, 07:06 AM
relays K19 or K8 respectively to se which one is the culprit.

Javier

DanDombrowski
01-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Bare compressor clutch wire in the engine bay

tlp
01-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Is it common for relays to fail over time in this car? When does the AUX water pump turn on? Always or only when the A/C is switched on?

Javier
01-10-2006, 04:57 PM
believe the relays are bad, just by pulling them out, you disconnect the related power circuit (Clutch or pump), so, if you remove cliutch relay and short is no longer there (no more blown fuses) then you'll know cluch is the problem so you can focus on checking clutch wire as suggested, and ultimately, unplug the wire to the compresor and confirming the issue is in the clutch itself.

If pulling the clutch relay keeps the fuse blowing, then you should pull out the auxiliary pump relay and expect the fuse to hold (of course, when turning A/C under same conditions than before). If so, you should debug the circuit to the auxiliary pump, and ultimately, unplug the pump to confirm the fault is the pump itself.

Javier