PDA

View Full Version : LKM - very strange

Incantation
01-09-2006, 07:03 PM
so i had the intermitten problem.. fixed it last year

new problem a couple months back .. my right bulb doesn't turn on. i tried a different lkm and it worked so i know it's the unit and not something else..

so yesterday i decided to try re-soldering for a third time and so i plugged the LKM into the car without the plastic housing so that i could see which relays were being used for what (the single is the fogs, the inner of the two is high beams while the outer of the two is lows) and surprisingly the light worked

happily i put the plastic cover back on.. and the light didn't work.. odd. so i took it off.. and it works.. put it back on.. doesn't work

wtf? there is nothing obstructing the relay.. i am really puzzled

Javier
01-09-2006, 08:22 PM
as mainboard stress when in tha plastic box. Just keep your good work and resolder the culprit.

You can put some presure on the relay with your finger, and check for intermitence in the lamp.

Javier

Paul in NZ
01-10-2006, 04:26 AM
i vote for what shogun said.The cover puts some sort of physical stress on the assembly and a crack opens up....

Javier
01-10-2006, 06:42 AM
any other component in the power path from pin 2 to pin 22 of LKM connector, (includding soldering from pin 22 itslef to the board). Talking about right low beam light, isnt it?

Javier

Incantation
01-10-2006, 01:39 PM
thanks for the suggestion.. i see what you're saying about stress on the unit. it is the right low beam.. how do i determine where pin 22 is?

pyro
01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
i have one for sale if you want 50 shiped :p look in the classifieds section for my post

Javier
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
it is a picture of the connector where LKM plugs in.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=886&stc=1&d=1109964604

Javier