PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding where to put power steering fluid

Leslie
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, I am aware that this is a really stupid question and I apologize in advance. I am a single woman and my forte is not auto mechanics.

My power steering fluid is definitely low. I can feel it when I drive. I tried to put it in myself yesterday only I couldn't figure out where it goes. I found the coolant, the transmission fluid, the oil but the power steering tank remained a big old mystery. I am afraid to put it in the wrong tank and have massive problems. Does anybody know of a an under-the-hood diagram online? Since I bought the car used, I never got a manual. Also, I live in LA where full-service gas stations are few and far between.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

winfred
01-09-2006, 09:16 PM
i am guessing that you have a 92-95 325 as that is the most hidden tank, it's on the drivers side on about the same centerline as the wheel, it's mounted on the motor mount bracket below the air intake boot (black rubber tube/elbow 3-4" in diameter) the screw on top is usually real tight and the correct fluid is automatic transmision fluid aka ATF just about any brand will do and dextron III type (the most common kind) theres a little dipstick on the cap