PDA

View Full Version : 535iTm weekend theme changed....

Scott H
01-08-2006, 11:31 AM
from

This bitch better run.... to:

Okay, it runs, let's get all this **** back together....

UPS majorly f'd up my overnight parts on Friday....so much so that they couldn't even get them to me on saturday. Some key pieces were in there....fuel lines, cooling pieces, clutch bolts. Luckily the dealer had some stuff and Dave R's garage o' spare parts had some fuel line. After realizing we needed to trick the tranny computer in to thinking it was in park or neutral, she fired right up (after some cranking to fill the fuel lines I blew out and new fuel filter). My low oil pressure is now a thing of the past.....but I'm sure the 20w50 break in oil contributes to that a bit.....it doesn't look like my idle press will be ~7-8psi anymore though.

Still missing some small bits....not quite roadworthy.....next weekend FOR SURE.....

Martin in Bellevue
01-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Good to hear!

Congrats Dave for putting up with, I mean, helping in such an extensive way. I covet that lift.

Scott H
01-08-2006, 01:27 PM
In place of the 525iT starter relay and it's good to go

Jr ///M5
01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
That's great news Scott!!! Congratulations to you and every one involved in the project, especially Dave! That was a mighty nice thing for him to do for you.

We all know that behind every great project like this one, there was someone behind the lines, that didn't turn a wrench, but could make or break the project. Give Jill a BIG KISS from all of us at the board. Without her vast wisdom of understanding, you wouldn't have stood a chance.

Congratulations to "both" of you!

Hope to see you guys next weekend in the 535tim, mit, itm, tmi, imt, mti, maybe we should have a poll? I kind of like 535tii, leave off the m and replace it with "i" for involvement....;)

Congrats,
Jr