PDA

View Full Version : special trans problem forum found

shogun
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
While surfing on the tech tips site from Kirt Koeller of European transmissions I found this link
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=71411
Not very active yet, but it could be in future. I belive that this is a very good idea to have one board specialized on transmission problems.

laguner
01-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks, I hope we get someone that knows something about transmissions on that site because there isn't a lot of good advice or information on BMW transmissions online.

genphreak
01-09-2006, 12:23 AM
While surfing on the tech tips site from Kirt Koeller of European transmissions I found this link
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=71411
Not very active yet, but it could be in future. I belive that this is a very good idea to have one board specialized on transmission problems.Cool idea, hopefully some of the ZF techs will have something to say on there, its a freaky world the fluid tranismission one. I just posted to help them out...

shogun
01-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Apparently one cannot post there so far. I have tried it. Maybe they are still in a test phase with that board. If anyone has to contact Kirt Koelleranyway, maybe you ask him about that.
And if he or one of his experts actively joins there, that would be a real help.
Although Kirt will be too busy to answer questions on the boards. He has done that nefore on roadfly, but I assume that was too much workload for him.

genphreak
01-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Apparently one cannot post there so far. I have tried it. Maybe they are still in a test phase with that board. If anyone has to contact Kirt Koelleranyway, maybe you ask him about that.
And if he or one of his experts actively joins there, that would be a real help.
Although Kirt will be too busy to answer questions on the boards. He has done that nefore on roadfly, but I assume that was too much workload for him.Yes it is not setup yet. I posted anonymously- and there is work to do to take the forum up to scratch. We really need an auto tranny expert, tho I expect they get deluged by the amount of people asking 'why has my shift has changed' questions and thinking the pearls of wisdom they might get back will isolate the issue right down to the 3 semi-blocked orifices and a faulty valve-retainer in the upper section of the 3rd stage of the extended pressure body... (I'd hate to be answering those if I met the mystified owners of these old trannies coming in every day sporting smelly brown, factory fluids!

Let's hope they make it and link to us here... :)