PDA

View Full Version : wtf!!

NovceGuru
01-07-2006, 05:24 PM
So about 20 minutes ago, I was idling down the driveway on this chilly 31* degree day, and I heard this small whine (just sounded like a blower motor on the fritz, but it was off, very quiet) or sounded something rubbing in the cabin (removed door panel rubbing seat, toolbox rubbing something, my cars a mess!) I turned the fan on and the sound changed pitch, so I knew it was something electrical. I shrugged and turned on my lights since it was getting dark, and all of the sudden my engine started going off on its own bucking and cutting out and all my lights started flashing harmoniously with the cutting out of my engine. I immediately turned off the car, and sat there cofused. Being curious (and stupid) I started it back up, and it ran just fine. I popped the hood, everything "appeared" in place. I touted on out the driveway and on my way. My initial instinct was a loose battery terminal but that wouldn't account for the car actually ACCELERATING on its own. Very strange....any ideas? Thanks
O yes, 1993 bmw 525i m50tu
NovceGuru

mattyb
01-07-2006, 08:13 PM
battery terminal or visitors dude!

NovceGuru
01-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Alright, further investigations result in a loose battery terminal, wooh!

NovceGuru