PDA

View Full Version : How do I reset Trans Prog after unplugging the tran module?

bimerguycw
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I have a 95 530iA that I had to unplug the modules in the e-box which included the DME and Trans modules and now I have the Trans Prog. message which I have never had with this car. Does the trans module fail when unplugged but battery connected and ignition OFF?

The key had been off for over an hour and I did not think it was a problem to unplug with ignition off, right? Or should I have disconnected the battery first?

Anyway, I do not have anything wrong with my trans prior to this and I hope all i need to do is a tran module reset. I do have the Peake fault code reader, but a friend has for now, and I wonder if it will reset the trans prog?

I did the well known computer reset with the battery disconnected and then shorted cables and key on for a 10 min period and no change.

Any experience with this would be much appreciated.

thanks

Javier
01-07-2006, 10:45 PM
the trans program. Do you believe it is possible that something is not properly connected (or was damaged wile manipulating) and is causing you this warning?

If you find nothing by simple inspection, may be you will need the trany codes to be read, so to find out what is causing the warning.

Javier

bimerguycw
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I checked the e-box connections again and sure enough... the black "latch-down" plastic connector next to the DME was loose.

Re-connected and Trans Program cleared.

Thanks for the feedback.