PDA

View Full Version : Ot, just sitting here checking in on posts while

Bill R.
01-05-2006, 04:27 PM
waiting to go the oral surgeons in about 20 minutes.... thinking about what a candyass i am as i start sweating contemplating the dentists office... I am already calling out "its safe , its very safe" and i haven't even sat down in his chair yet....

DaCan23
01-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Root canal? Wisdom teeth? Crown?

waiting to go the oral surgeons in about 20 minutes.... thinking about what a candyass i am as i start sweating contemplating the dentists office... I am already calling out "its safe , its very safe" and i haven't even sat down in his chair yet....

Bill R.
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
not on a wisdom... almost all of the above

Root canal? Wisdom teeth? Crown?

dacoyote
01-05-2006, 04:32 PM

Nice.... get ready for some pain.....

hope they give you good drugs

Evan
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
bill, don't you wish i would have posted my sonicare thread a couple years ago...

you wouldn't have to visit the dentist...
bmwgirl and dacoyote would be married with children...
angry would be a successful private I
i would actually own a bmw by now

who knows what other good would have come from this

DaCan23
01-05-2006, 04:35 PM
My guy says it's not as bad as it use to be..... I hate the dentist, fired 2 local, still go to one in my parents state....

Last one almost con'd me into a 1500 ceramic computer modeled fancy smanchy crown filling thingy

Nice.... get ready for some pain.....

hope they give you good drugs

bmwgrl7
Evan...you sad little squirrel. Stop using the Sonicare to scrub your small nuts.

DaCan23
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

bill, don't you wish i would have posted my sonicare thread a couple years ago...

Martin in Bellevue
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
I had gum surgery last year. I ended up with a mirror following along & trying to talk too much. Good times.

Evan
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
it's a tenth as painful as it was just five years ago... i think you'll be surprised at how easy you get through

dacoyote
01-05-2006, 04:41 PM

This is some funny stuff... doesn't matter who you are...

Paul in NZ
01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
uh....i thought it was a follow up to the wrench vs face incident a coupla days ago.I am sure the thought of it will actually be much worse than the reality.I have a broken tooth that i have to get looked at.knowing me i wont do anything until that dull ache you just cant ignore starts.....

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
I went in and the guy almost convinced me to let him start drilling away, looking in the high teens for a complete root canal...I walked and went to one that was highly recommended for a 2nd oppinion. He had me do the bite test and said theres nothing wrong, said if the pain doesnt go away in a couple weeks to come back and he would look closer...

All complimentry too, the pain went away, no root canal and a lifetime customer now. Ohhh and his quote on a complete canal was around 750.00

Dan in NZ
01-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm about to get my wisdom teeth out... Not looking forward to it!

Javier
01-05-2006, 08:07 PM
of having finished with it.

Kavier

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
first the poor guy gets a smashed car, then a punch in the nose and now who knows what drill sizes they used...probably pretty crabby about now.

Wish you the best Bill!!!

of having finished with it.

Kavier

Evan
01-05-2006, 09:57 PM
let's pitch in and send him a case of beer

Gayle
01-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Bill--What were you using to check posts from the dentists waiting room?

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 09:59 PM
maybe when he heals up he can open them with his teeth

sorry...il try to go back under my rock

let's pitch in and send him a case of beer

shogun
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I am an old man. Last year I had to visit the dentist 70 times to make root treatment etc. to finally get 'some' porcelan crowns.
The worst was always when he was preparing his "multimeter" what I called it to check the root canal after cleaning it.
Oh, well, and also when I had to pay. Could have bought a very good used E38 750iL for the money.
But now it looks nice again ;)
http://www.ralfundalex.de/fliegen.jpg

Jr ///M5
01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
You should be scared of the dentist, anybody who grew up in our era should be terrified. It used to hurt like hell to go to the dentist when you were a kid.

Then they invented NO2, it might still hurt, but who cared?

Nowadays it's nothing, so relax, there's nothing to fear. Maybe you'll get a nice young thing that will rub her boobs all over you while cleaning your teeth...:D

My dentist is great, he has a ME degree and started working at the Corvette factory in Bowling Green Ky. when he was younger. But his father needed someone to "run" the family business so he went back to school to become a dentist. He loves cars, has the best car magazines in the waiting room I've ever seen! Hemmings, Road and Track, you name it, he's got the script. He's about our age, and when he was contemplating selling his house, he said the ad should read, "For Sale: Garage with attached house"....

Relax Bill, get to know him, he might be a car buff too! :)

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
haha you said:

Maybe you'll get a nice young thing that will rub her boobs all over you while cleaning your teeth...:D

shogun
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I always have to drink 6 beers before I go there ;)
http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/after6.gif

Dave M
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I can vouch for the root canals getting easier. I've had three. First at age age 10 (elbowed in the face at camp), then 18 (fell in a bike race), then 24 (rotten molar from earleir braces). The last one was done for free, while training in South Carolina (bike racing). The dentist was a cycling fan who rode his bike to the office on a day off and had me help with the procedure (I had to hold the sucky thing, water thingy and hand him $hit).

I owe this dude a lot. He said if a US citizen walked in with the same tooth (broken in half), he would likely have to pull it unless they had lots of green or some kick-ass insurance.

Anyhow, the first one hurt like hell, the last one was a cake walk, but you're probably at home now, so it don't matta,

Dave M

Bill R.
01-06-2006, 01:37 AM
inspection/consult. Had to reschedule to do the procedures.. one root canal has a vertical crack in the tooth and can't be saved, the other root canal is a failed root canal and he's going to go in from the top and go in through the gumline like Martin had, then remove any infection and snip off any roots that weren't gotten the first time .

Bill R.
01-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Oral surgeon for the crown followup.. and now the oral surgeon only does root canal surgery from failed root canal jobs so he has to send me to someone else to remove the other bad tooth..these guys are really specializing now..

quote=Jr ///M5]You should be scared of the dentist, anybody who grew up in our era should be terrified. It used to hurt like hell to go to the dentist when you were a kid.

Nowadays it's nothing, so relax, there's nothing to fear. Maybe you'll get a nice young thing that will rub her boobs all over you while cleaning your teeth...:D

My dentist is great, he has a ME degree and started working at the Corvette factory in Bowling Green Ky. when he was younger. But his father needed someone to "run" the family business so he went back to school to become a dentist. He loves cars, has the best car magazines in the waiting room I've ever seen! Hemmings, Road and Track, you name it, he's got the script. He's about our age, and when he was contemplating selling his house, he said the ad should read, "For Sale: Garage with attached house"....

Relax Bill, get to know him, he might be a car buff too! :)[/quote]

Bill R.
01-06-2006, 01:45 AM
1.5 miles from my house and i hadn't left yet.

Bill--What were you using to check posts from the dentists waiting room?

632 Regal
01-06-2006, 02:08 AM
great to hear you made it through...any comments on the self inflicted face injury?

Zeuk in Oz
01-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Glad you survived - also the story of my life - 4 root canals in the past 2 years !

Am in the middle of another one now - go back next Friday for the 4th visit - hopefully most of the pain is over !

632 Regal
01-06-2006, 02:39 AM
what causes this? I definetly want to hold back if I can!

Jr ///M5
01-06-2006, 06:26 AM

Post Whoredom...:D :D :D

Rory
01-06-2006, 11:29 AM
You should be scared of the dentist, anybody who grew up in our era should be terrified. It used to hurt like hell to go to the dentist when you were a kid.

Relax Bill, get to know him, he might be a car buff too! :)

I have an Industrial Engineering degree and am a car buff too :) Not the most common thing for Dentites these days to have an engineering background, but there are quite a few out there. Lots of gear heads though and we LOVE gearhead patients.

inspection/consult. Had to reschedule to do the procedures.. one root canal has a vertical crack in the tooth and can't be saved, the other root canal is a failed root canal and he's going to go in from the top and go in through the gumline like Martin had, then remove any infection and snip off any roots that weren't gotten the first time .

Vertical fractures are a travesty as there is no simple way to save the tooth and extraction is typically the only viable solution. It is good that they can redo the other canals and save that tooth. Implants in your future for the extraction site Bill?

With modern pain control procedures it is possible to have a virtually pain free experience. I have plenty of patients that were scared to death of the dentist from stories and past personal experience. But most of them are very comfortable after a visit or two and are shocked at how painless procedures can be. If you are very anxious about things, talk to your provider and see about the possibilty of a mild sedative to help you out.

Good Luck,
Rory

632 Regal
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Wow we even have a dentist aboard...coolies!
I have an Industrial Engineering degree and am a car buff too :) Not the most common thing for Dentites these days to have an engineering background, but there are quite a few out there. Lots of gear heads though and we LOVE gearhead patients.

Vertical fractures are a travesty as there is no simple way to save the tooth and extraction is typically the only viable solution. It is good that they can redo the other canals and save that tooth. Implants in your future for the extraction site Bill?

With modern pain control procedures it is possible to have a virtually pain free experience. I have plenty of patients that were scared to death of the dentist from stories and past personal experience. But most of them are very comfortable after a visit or two and are shocked at how painless procedures can be. If you are very anxious about things, talk to your provider and see about the possibilty of a mild sedative to help you out.

Good Luck,
Rory

Zeuk in Oz
01-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Old age ! Caused by breaking teeth in my case. I had my first root canal at 40 and am having my 5th or 6th (lost count) at the moment.

My dentist is also a car nut but his major passion is boats - currently has a 42 foot trawler style luxury cruiser that he had made in China !

Chris'91'525i
01-06-2006, 08:19 PM

Good Luck,
Rory

I thought so too. The last 3 or 4 visits were basically painfree rootcanal jobs. But the last one was pure hell !!
I go to a new office for emergency treatment and ask for a dentist with a lot of experiance, and they give me some kid fresh out of dental school.
It was an extraction of a broken molar. Instead of gradually injecting novicane to numb the area, he did full bore deep injections. I have not felt that kind of torture before.
I really felt like ringing his neck....
He also put a surface on the a tooth near the gum line, that chipped off after 3 months......