PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Replacement Search

Evan
01-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Happy New Year, Guys and Ladies-

Any tips on replacing my carpet? It's time to redo the interior.

Also, my leather needs a complete recondition. I don't want to do it myself. Has anyone ever had a pro shop recondition the leather?

Cheers,
Evan
1994 540ia
soon to own a 1995 540im

angrypancake
01-04-2006, 01:29 PM
It's a bitch to do. I went to a few places and shopped around, most people said the $tealer is the only one that has carpet for e-34s. How much you ask? About $550 for the front section only. I think I might invest in a steam cleaner. For re-upholstery, ~800 for seats front and rear. I don't know about a reconditioning, but there is a well versed thread discussing Leatherique around somewhere, hit a quick search for it.

Evan
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
http://www.worlduph.com/bmw10.htm

I found this URL on my first Google search. I'm determined to replace my carpet and redo my leather... which will make my interior smell pretty and nice.

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.worlduph.com/bmw10.htm

I found this URL on my first Google search. I'm determined to replace my carpet and redo my leather... which will make my interior smell pretty and nice.

wow.... did you try that before you asked? have you tired searching the forum to?

Evan
01-04-2006, 02:22 PM
i googled first. then i searched the forum, then i posted a new thread.

do you have a manual for my car?

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
i googled first. then i searched the forum, then i posted a new thread.

do you have a manual for my car?

Do you have a hard copy of the Bentley Manual?

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 02:48 PM
did you guys even look at my search thread? I got a nifty link in there for a search :D :D :D

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 02:49 PM
did you guys even look at my search thread? I got a nifty link in there for a search :D :D :D

As in like the stickys that no one reads?

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 03:27 PM
yep
As in like the stickys that no one reads?

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 03:30 PM
yep

Cool

Kalevera
01-04-2006, 09:21 PM
There are two ways to replace the carpet in an E34, the cheap way and the expensive way.

The cheap way involves cutting the section under and around the heater box out and not replacing it. The result is more cabin noise. Or you can leave the old carpet in place, but it will still smell like old carpet, if that's the problem. But it's cheap.

The expensive way is expensive because you won't be doing the work yourself and any clown willing to do it is going to charge a lot of dinero. It involves taking apart the dash to remove the heater box and replacing the carpet.

Personally, I think a good carpet cleaner is the best idea. You won't want to put anything but the OEM carpet in the car because the OEM stuff is contoured to the floor and has extra insulation, padding, and excellent pile. It's a frivolous waste of money unless the current carpet has holes in it or worse. Really.

If the seats are bad, find a dismantler (Rigmaster, Winfred, Ian Sherman @ NEObmwbreakers.com) and buy a clean set. Much cheaper in the long run, and less hassle than something like leatherique or colorplus. Ian will sell you a complete interior for less than $500, and his stuff usually goes for ~ $250 for ALL seats on eBay. Can't beat that.

best, whit