PDA

View Full Version : My Pseudo Garage

DaCan23
01-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Missed the thread post xmas about presents, so I though I'd post and at the same time cover that old garage thread... though my garage is the unfinished part of my basement, but I have a workbench there... though luggin things in/out the bulkhead w/ stairs sucks, but it's ok for now, I should of taken a picture of my rim/tire pile which is 8 rims w/ tires & 4 more tires.

Compressor for xmas and tool chest was for b-day back in August

http://bagekko.home.comcast.net/dacans_pictures/ChestCompX.jpg

Air tools that came w/ compressor & ones I aquired

http://bagekko.home.comcast.net/dacans_pictures/AirToolsX.jpg

That socket set I was raving about a while ago

http://bagekko.home.comcast.net/dacans_pictures/SocketSetX.jpg

Alexlind123
01-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow, those are some really nice things. THey should make working on your car all that much more enjoyable :)

DanDombrowski
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, you got the same compressor I got! (I think).

I got the compressor, an air ratchet, the tire filler, and a blow gun, but no other tools. I wanted a die grinder, but got a dremel separately so I don't need that yet.

I have similar tool chest too, in red. Your garage is lookin good.

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Nice

DaCan23
01-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Check Harbor Freight for the die grinder... for $10 who cares if it breaks every year and you gotta buy a new one. They also have a micro die too. I now have to decide dremel or air micro.... When I use to work in a blacksmiths shop, the die grinders broke so often, and that was with $50 plus ones. So the occasiona use of a $10 should be fine.

Ya but too bad I cant fit the car down the bulkhead lol. and the storage place the 635 is at for the winter has no light or power in the unit.. :-(

Hey, you got the same compressor I got! (I think).

I got the compressor, an air ratchet, the tire filler, and a blow gun, but no other tools. I wanted a die grinder, but got a dremel separately so I don't need that yet.

I have similar tool chest too, in red. Your garage is lookin good.

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 04:14 PM
pop a freight elevator in and you would have it all!

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
pop a freight elevator in and you would have it all!

Or just dig a tunnel.. kinda be like the bat cave...

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I saw houses with driveways leading to the basement

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM

I think it would be cool... I wonder if the city would let me do it to my house

kyleN20
01-04-2006, 06:17 PM
socket set looks outta hand, and i love the box, with the bins for screws and stuff

genphreak
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
socket set looks outta hand, and i love the box, with the bins for screws and stuffIN the same way as one needs a chest before a medal (so you have somewhere to put it), one needs a shed. I still lack one- perhaps one day I will attain the Great and lofty 'sheded' status. Why?

The shed is a place where some men are truly at home. Some live in them, others live for them. An extraordinary world of sheds accross Australia- in one, a retired Telecom technician spends every waking moment with his beloved antique phone collection, while up in the house, his wife complains that the power points are falling out if the wall. A man in Broken Hill, retrenched from the mines, finds salvation from depression through creating a wiiden nativity display for his front yard at Christmas. A former Melbourne teacher finds inspiration in sculpting gothic clay figurines, spouting shed philosophy. Some go to complete extremes; for in Canberra, another has planted a yellow-flowered rose bush outside his remshackle fibre-board shed, fashioning it into the shape of a heart- a testimony to his one true love.

To discover the reasons behind the very private pursuits of "shedophiles", why they need a place of their own and exactly what they think about inside those cloistered, corrugated walls is to understand perhaps exactly what makes men tick...

Hmmm any comments on this summary? I certainly know the feeling, every time I buy a new tool I get it... :) and the sight of that AWESOME socket set brought it on too. Man I need a shed, and a hoist, and a compressor.... etc. etc.

Gayle
01-05-2006, 10:07 AM
IN the same way as one needs a chest before a medal (so you have somewhere to put it), one needs a shed. I still lack one- perhaps one day I will attain the Great and lofty 'sheded' status. Why?

The shed is a place where some men are truly at home. Some live in them, others live for them. An extraordinary world of sheds accross Australia- in one, a retired Telecom technician spends every waking moment with his beloved antique phone collection, while up in the house, his wife complains that the power points are falling out if the wall. A man in Broken Hill, retrenched from the mines, finds salvation from depression through creating a wiiden nativity display for his front yard at Christmas. A former Melbourne teacher finds inspiration in sculpting gothic clay figurines, spouting shed philosophy. Some go to complete extremes; for in Canberra, another has planted a yellow-flowered rose bush outside his remshackle fibre-board shed, fashioning it into the shape of a heart- a testimony to his one true love.

To discover the reasons behind the very private pursuits of "shedophiles", why they need a place of their own and exactly what they think about inside those cloistered, corrugated walls is to understand perhaps exactly what makes men tick...

Hmmm any comments on this summary? I certainly know the feeling, every time I buy a new tool I get it... :) and the sight of that AWESOME socket set brought it on too. Man I need a shed, and a hoist, and a compressor.... etc. etc.

Nick

Sheddom sounds wonderful. Why don't you get one? You deserve it. Only four things could be holding you back--no space, no money, no time, or no motivation. What stands between you and your shed?

And sheds are a man thing. My husband insisted we get one when we bought our house even though we have a garage. I didn't want it, but now my garden tools live in the shed. I am convinced hubby's life feels more complete because we have a shed. A man and his shed--its a beautiful thing.

DaCan23

ooooooooooooooo

That is one beautiful tool chest and one beautiful socket set. I wish we could bring threads back out of the archives periodically and let them be refreshed. These pics definitely belong in the archives.

dacoyote
01-05-2006, 10:17 AM
.....And sheds are a man thing. My husband insisted we get one when we bought our house even though we have a garage. I didn't want it, but now my garden tools live in the shed. I am convinced hubby's life feels more complete because we have a shed. A man and his shed--its a beautiful thing.

Maybe thats what is wrong at my new place

DaCan23
01-05-2006, 10:20 AM
There was some car show on TV, that was showing a collector, his driveway wrapped around the house to the back where he could drive in the basement.... oh sooo coool

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 11:57 AM
chicken coops are cool too!

dacoyote
01-05-2006, 12:02 PM
chicken coops are cool too!

I don't think the city would let me have one...

632 Regal
01-05-2006, 12:12 PM
well dont tell them!

dacoyote
01-05-2006, 12:17 PM
well dont tell them!

I don't tell the city ****.... it's the 5 people that can easly see my back yard that would...