PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was just terrific all over, i made the

Bill R.
01-04-2006, 10:28 AM
typical dumbass mistake that i haven't done in 20 years... Last night working on a car laying under it, i'm pulling towards me with a 22mm wrench, yeah i know being stupid, pulling towards me instead of pushing away, so anyway i'm pulling towards me hard whne the wrench slips off and i hit myself in the nose with a 22mm wrench... geez what a moron. So now i get to wear this puffy nose and nice cut for a couple of days..

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 10:31 AM
typical dumbass mistake that i haven't done in 20 years... Last night working on a car laying under it, i'm pulling towards me with a 22mm wrench, yeah i know being stupid, pulling towards me instead of pushing away, so anyway i'm pulling towards me hard whne the wrench slips off and i hit myself in the nose with a 22mm wrench... geez what a moron. So now i get to wear this puffy nose and nice cut for a couple of days..

Ouch... sounds like it was a bad day

mikell
01-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Apply beer, you'll feel better. At least no I know I'm not the only one who does dumb stuff sometimes.

Hector
01-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Three months ago while poping off the center tie rod ball joint with a puller, the thing almost landed on my forehead but somehow was able to divert it away from the target. And just in December, I cut myself a couple of times with a knife from holding vegies in the wrong way while dicing them too quickly thinking I'm Emeril or such. Better watch that someone doesn't confuse puffy with a real red bell pepper... :o)

Phatty5BMW
01-04-2006, 11:44 AM
I did the headlight conversion to modded 9005 and ohhh ya, brand new nice sharp razor blade right across the top joint on my middle finger,to the bone trying to cut those outside tabs off. Should have gotten stitches but im all good now, almost healed and happend 2 weeks ago :) I'm always prone to doing stupid sh*t!!

DaCan23
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Gotta love razor blade cuts.... few months ago I quickly stuck a razor blade in my pocket while doing something, then when i needed it, hurrily stuck my hand in my pocket and the cut was very close to needing stitches... After finishing up the work w/ finger wrapped in paper towel, go inside and my GF is like OMG what happened.... she called me a dumbass a few times that day... hahaha

Evan
01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
bill, sorry about your accident. can you post a pic?

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 12:22 PM
HAHAHA!!! No mercy man...LOL
bill, sorry about your accident. can you post a pic?

dacoyote
01-04-2006, 12:34 PM
HAHAHA!!! No mercy man...LOL

Yeah... Lets see some blood......

I offer up pictures of when i rolled over my ford in trade

willobmw
01-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Ouch. 22mm, a little lower and off to the dentist you would have went. Now don't do that for at least another 20.

Cambridge
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Ouch! Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Zeuk in Oz
01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Hard not to laugh given that we have all done stupid things at times !

I think that what you and your wife need is a romantic weekend away somewhere ! ;)

Or at least a nice dinner ! :)

Anyone seen Rudolf recently ............ ?

Dave M
01-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Reminds me of working on the VW's brakes. Had a pair of needle nose pliers, pulling my darndest with both hands on something or other, but at a strange angle. Result was the business end of the pliers attempting a lobotomy right between the eyes. Lucky i'm symetrical :).

After that one, I took a short break and re-assessed my goals, priorities and overall mechanical competancy. Two eyes are good for driving.

I'll remember to never pull toward my face Bill,

Dave M

Imagine

632 Regal
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I have done the same thing in my youth, I am real careful now and take more time thinking about what im doing instead of instinctively. It takes longer but in the long run sometimes I get a better idea so its a wash and I stay in one piece. About the scaryest thing I can think that I do is check the trans fluid under the car...with it running. Even with the safety ramps it still freaks me out.

genphreak
01-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Happy New Year Bill- what else did you get for Christmas? :D

Seruiously though, perhaps you were lucky... this information comes from the second of two studies of work-related fatalities that conducted by the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission in Australia, the first in 1982-1984 and the second study in 1989-1992. The information was obtained primarily from coronial files.

Detailed information was collected about the work-related deaths. A general overview of the main results from the study is available elsewhere

There were 27 incidents identified where a vehicle killed a person who was working under it. Of these 27 persons killed, 20 were carrying out home duties (car repairs).

No pics I'm afraid Evan, but if you scour the 'Net I'm sure you can find some...