PDA

View Full Version : OT: Another surgical update from zmuff

zmuff
01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey folks,

I haven't made any surgical updates since coming home from the hospital with 19 staples in a row up my stomach. They had to remove the unwelcome guest growing in my abdomen. The biopsy has finally been made and they discoved that I have lymphoma. After many tests (CT scan, PET scan, MUGA, bone marrow, and blood) it was determined that the cancer has not spread from my abdomen. My chemotherapy begins tomorrow and I will go back every 21 days for about six months. Turns out that my condition is very treatable and will most likely be gone by the summer...as will my hair! I am ready to get this show on the road and kick some arses on a cellular level. All will go very well.

I even washed my car the other day to show it that I still loved it and hadn't forgotten it. I've only driven 15 miles for the whole month of December. I guess I need to have someone to take it out once in awhile to blow out the cobwebs and work the chassis. Volunteers anyone?

I visit the board every day so I'll keep you folks posted from time to time on how things are. Keep up the happy sarcasm, witty comments, and all the other stuff that makes one smile.

Mike Edwards

willobmw
01-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Wishing you well from Gainesville.

dacoyote
01-03-2006, 09:11 PM
gl.... my prayers are with you

angrypancake
01-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Best of luck to you Mike, my mom just finished up chemo and all that, and she's even got some hair growing back. At least your hair will be gone in the summer, so you will be good to go. I'm happy to hear that nothing spread and that it was contained to a single location and theyre gonna kick it's ass. Surely someone will take good care of the car for you. If you want to let me drive it up to NY I'll make sure it gets nothing but the best.

Johntee540
01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Hang Tough Mike - You will get through this. We are pullinng for you- JT

Jr ///M5
01-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Mike,

We're all pullin' for you here on the board. Being bald isn't THAT bad, it took me 48 years to get there, but yours will grow back...=)

Godspeed my friend. We'll look for your updates.

Jr

Gayle
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
I so admire your positive attitude about this. I would be a wreck if I were in your shoes. Thanks for being such a great role model for all of us.

liquidtiger720
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Best of luck.

Zeuk in Oz
01-03-2006, 11:43 PM
I agree with Jr, bald is beautiful - or the look of the millenium as I say to my sons - I tell them to get used to it ! :D

Seriously though, glad you are on top of things and that the tumour hadn't spread elsewhere.

Hodgkins ?

All the best with the treatment. :)

E34 530
01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Godspeed...

gale
01-04-2006, 12:08 AM
We're all rootin for you. Hope the chemo irradicates the intruders & that you're able to take the treatment in stride. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you out.

gale

Alexlind123
01-04-2006, 01:34 AM
I really dont know what to say at times like this, but i hope everyone around has as positive an attitude as you do to help you pull through this. Hopefully you will come through this as good as new! Our prayers are with you.

GS535i
01-04-2006, 12:20 PM
You clearly have a strong winning attitude and mentality: don't let the treatments crack your resolve - and you'll beat this. All the best.