PDA

View Full Version : [TURBO] Something funny on the 'bay...

Kalevera
12-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-5-Series-535i-BMW-535ia-1991-Turbo-Charged-tuned-down-to-300HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6008QQitemZ460106 4755QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Automatic transmission, "detuned" to 300hp.

Admittedly...looks a little hacked...but -- what's up with the "no pictures of the engine" bit?! The most interesting part of the WHOLE car, and there are no pictures of it...

best, whit

beetos
12-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Not too sure about that one. Too many pictures of chrome bits and fancy gauges...20psi with no mention of the motor build up, compression ratio,etc.

Engine management does not score high. I've played around with split seconds fuel piggback on my previous Porsches and they are a bit flakey to say the least. I would want stand alone with a 20psi motor.

Not to say it wont work, but it will be far from ideal for the injectors he needs to run to get that much power, plus the stock ECU wont drive peak and hold injectors. Its also running a simple timing retard box, not the best solution.

There would be a hundred questions that needed answering before taking that on. Who knows, it could actually be well sorted but I very much doubt it. Could be a good project if the price was right.

632 Regal
12-31-2005, 05:55 AM
I would just remove all the extra crap and get it back to stock, the car actually looks kinda sharp to me!

angrypancake
12-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Ok, so before I write this, I have to admit to knowing squat about engine rebuilds and or FI systems. However common sense finds a few things wrong with this dude's auction...

Can't spell Eibach or Bilstein. Custom springs? Sounds like he cut them or something. What are 1/2" spacers? I thought 7-series wheels would require a much smaller spacer. Call it ignorance but I don't know mm to inches offhand. 8mm high performance wires? Hell yeah! That's like a 73.2 HP gain right there. Platinums and K&N suck. Isn't no cat illegal in a lot of places? BTW I saw that exhaust/muffler on a Kia last night, and it had those Wal-Mart spinning hubcaps (seriously). I would think that before you put up an auction, you would take at least one engine bay picture. But, he's got 4 pictures of the bling bling wheels.

However!!! The guy's plates say turbo 535. So I mean it's obviously turbo! Boo-Yah!

I'm going to start drinking. Happy new years everyone, and be extra careful tonight. Tons of cops, due to tons of idiots who will be DWI. Thanks for a great year and here's to another one!