PDA

View Full Version : My BMW's a BMW Again!

uscharalph
12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I was getting used to the idea that my 16 year old 525 was going to sound it's age. What I believed to be differntial noise, wheel bearing noise, suspension noise and tire noise went away today. I had the right rear wheel bearing replced today and VOILA! I can't believe the difference. The bearing was probably creating the wheel noise ans well as it's own noise, but things are back to the way I thought they should be.

Next projects are the timing belt and valve job, then onto the rest of the suspension as well as a sachs kit. Heck I might as well buy the EAT chip I was putting off because of the other problems I thought I had.

Gayle
12-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I was getting used to the idea that my 16 year old 525 was going to sound it's age. What I believed to be differntial noise, wheel bearing noise, suspension noise and tire noise went away today. I had the right rear wheel bearing replced today and VOILA! I can't believe the difference. The bearing was probably creating the wheel noise ans well as it's own noise, but things are back to the way I thought they should be.

Congratulations. It is not often that you get more than you expect. Keep up the good work so far as giving that white beauty the lovin she deserves.

uscharalph
12-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Congratulations. It is not often that you get more than you expect. Keep up the good work so far as giving that white beauty the lovin she deserves.
Thanks Gayle! I appreciate it. Who knows she might just get a new set of shoes now. LOL!!

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 05:04 PM
Good to hear you got it all working agian.