PDA

View Full Version : windshield wiper doesnt spray fluid

sirius_GTO
12-30-2005, 11:03 AM
My windshield wiper on my 525i is not spraying the fluid at all. I checked to see if i had fluid and i was almost full near the brim. about 2.5 inches away. I get into my car and pull the lever towards me (like you should) and it doesnt work. The wipers will start wiping but no fluid will come out.

Do you know what the problem could be?

Thanks

632 Regal
12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
check the hoses that run to the squirters under the hood, I had one pop off and several others wrote the same thing. If that isnt it your going to have to check the pump.

calmloki
12-30-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm going to go with plugged squirter nozzles. Cleared 1 of 4 with a safety pin on my new to me '93 touring before bringing it home - takes a pretty small diameter pin, shove 'er in and waller it around, then check for spray location and readjust to avoid squirting the tailgater behind you. (fun to adjust to spray over the roof in the summer for passive-agressive tailgater watering)
Tom Walrod

My windshield wiper on my 525i is not spraying the fluid at all. I checked to see if i had fluid and i was almost full near the brim. about 2.5 inches away. I get into my car and pull the lever towards me (like you should) and it doesnt work. The wipers will start wiping but no fluid will come out.

Do you know what the problem could be?

Thanks