PDA

View Full Version : E34 touring cargo cover + parcel nets FS

Rigmaster
12-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Guys,

I was looking for some E34 touring bits to fix up my '92 525iT and I found 1 tan (parchment) cargo cover (the retractable fabric cover that covers the rear cargo area) and 2 of the rear parcel nets that mount to the top of the back seat- 1 is tan (parchment) and the other is grey. I have the complete parcel net setup in both colors- 1 each left + right side retractable net with telescoping bar, and the 4 mounting "hooks" that attach to the top of the car inside for the nets to hang from.

Thought I'd offer 'em up here before they go on Ebay. These things are ridiculously expensive to buy new- something like $8-900 for the cargo cover and more than $1k for the complete parcel net setup.

Email or PM me if interested.

Thanks!!

Bret.

emw525E34
12-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Bret, any pics of the mechandise ?. I could not figure out how the parcel nets hang together in there. Does it mean I have to remove the retractable parchment cover ?. Thats a heavy kit I like to rid off.

calmloki
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Just BTW: that retractable cover weighs 11.5# as of this afternoon on my '93 525iT. Rear seat bottom 20#, small seatback and both side bolsters 25#, and 31.5# for the large seat back section w/ center armrest.
Useless information courtesy Tom's bathroom scales

Bret, any pics of the mechandise ?. I could not figure out how the parcel nets hang together in there. Does it mean I have to remove the retractable parchment cover ?. Thats a heavy kit I like to rid off.

Rigmaster
12-30-2005, 07:38 PM

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Basically, the parcel nets have a housing (similar to the cargo cover) and the housing attaches to the top of the rear seat backs (there are 2 separate nets- 1 for each seat). One of the nets has a metal bar attached to the top edge that hooks to the inside roof of the car using the included hooks- sort of like little cradle pieces that the ends of the rod rest in. The nets and the cargo cover do not interfere with each other.

Bret.