PDA

View Full Version : OT:Try this. . .Believe it or not you can read it.

grave77
12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi guys, I found this on a website :

" I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, th e olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt."

pundit
12-29-2005, 11:04 PM
TWF??

pundit
12-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Okay trivia time...

Fatty Owls, Farty Towels, Flowery Twats, Watery Fowls...

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 04:14 AM
TWF??

The first and last letters have to stay to get it to work...

So... waht the fcuk

emw525E34
12-30-2005, 07:26 AM
Amazing how the mind got into "self correction" mode before we really see the words. I was amazed that I could forward read this as if it was not mis-spelled.
Wish our E34 can do 1% of this!.
Well...., the adaptive gearbox is still the best of any car I have ever driven!. Ok, thats the 1%....

winfred
12-30-2005, 08:52 AM
fawlty towers, one of my favorites

Okay trivia time...

Fatty Owls, Farty Towels, Flowery Twats, Watery Fowls...

Jay 535i
12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Amazing how the mind got into "self correction" mode before we really see the words. I was amazed that I could forward read this as if it was not mis-spelled.
Wish our E34 can do 1% of this!.
Well...., the adaptive gearbox is still the best of any car I have ever driven!. Ok, thats the 1%....

It's not a matter of self-correction. It works because the mind sees whole words. It doesn't piece them together from letters the way a child does. As long as all the letters are there and the first and last ones are right, the mind sees the word correctly.

It is facinating, but it's down to the way people read. Not some amazing ability of the human brain to unscramble stuff.

I'm a communications consultant, so I'm familliar with the study.

Edit: Just realized the scrambled text itself says exactly what I said. Maybe my own reading skills need some work... :)