12-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Never seen these body kits before... what yall think

http://www.zeemax.com/7e34ss.htm

Cheers

J.McWatters
Pimp my ride bro!!

Alexlind123
12-29-2005, 11:10 PM
I have been thinking about making a spoiler for my decklid out of cardboard or plywood, do you think i should paint it silver or metallic gold with large flakes? On a more serious note, i have seen some (imo) tasteful spoilers and such in a bavarian autosport cataloge. I would save the wide-body kits for when you decide to sell your e34 and get a honda civic hatchback with a 1.3liter engine. I like to think that we all have better taste than this, otherwise we wouldnt be driving e34s :D But whatever makes you happy...

wingman
12-30-2005, 01:11 AM
Shite. If I was 18 maybe It would impress the b&^ches.

zygoteer
12-30-2005, 02:20 AM
They also do a wide body version for the E34
http://www.zeemax.com/7e34wb.htm

I don't like it at all though

SRR2
12-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Hideous. I'm amazed that they don't have a V-tec sticker and those lovely tin-can exhaust extensions too.

Qube
12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
They're trying to make the car curvy. It's not supposed to be curvy dammit! :) This is akin to running the crystal tail lights :(

mikell
12-30-2005, 05:59 AM
Nothing exceeds like excess!

emw525E34
12-30-2005, 06:43 AM
That will do West Coast Cutoms proud. Lose those Blink wheels and it should be ok. Oh, also the tin-can muffler. The silver one looks sharp. Zeemax chin protrudes too much on the touring. I prefer the more subtle Zender chin.

McWatters
12-30-2005, 08:47 PM
i have no idea why but i kinda like the look of the second pic of the wide body selection, notthe spolier but just the shape of the car.

meh o well

cheers

J.McWatters

Alexlind123
12-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Crystal tail-lights arent nearly the same as those body kits, imo. Incantation has some crystal tail-lights that go with the rest of his car, on my car they would look hideous too though.

Gayle
12-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Shite. If I was 18 maybe It would impress the b&^ches.

Well Joel (McWatters) is 17.

Joel--I wouldn't do it on my car, but I kind of like it too. My theory is your opinion is the only one that matters. Compared to you, Pryo, and Alex, all the rest of us are old farts (and Alex has mature taste beyond his years). Our opinions should be different than yours based on what is appealing at different stages in life.

It is a Honda style mod, but that is what people your age do. There is no law that says you can't do a Honda style mod on an e34. Have you asked your friends who are modding their cars what they think of it?

Whatever floats your boat. It is your car. Have fun with it.

SRR2
12-31-2005, 10:31 AM
My theory is your opinion is the only one that matters.

Except that this particular theory goes sailing out the window when the OP solicits opinions. If we were to adopt your hypothesis as an axiom, we'd have to spike every post asking for an opinion. In my exceedingly humble opinion, it's his right to ask for an opinion. And it's the responders' right to say whatever's on their minds, whether the opinion is "cool" or "it sucks bad".

Gayle
12-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Except that this particular theory goes sailing out the window when the OP solicits opinions. If we were to adopt your hypothesis as an axiom, we'd have to spike every post asking for an opinion. In my exceedingly humble opinion, it's his right to ask for an opinion. And it's the responders' right to say whatever's on their minds, whether the opinion is "cool" or "it sucks bad".

I agree. I wasn't trying to discourage him from asking for opinions. I have just seen Joel's taste in mods be out of the mainstream on this board several times and would like him not to take our opinions too seriously. I just think after he hears all the opinions, he should do what makes him happy no matter what we think. It was not intended to stiffle anyones right to ask for feedback or anyone's right to give it. It is the diversity of opinions that make this place interesting. :)

Incantation
12-31-2005, 02:27 PM
pretty nice.. although to have such a flashy kit you would have to be have the power to back it up. putting that on a stock car would be kinda lame

i think of all the front skirts out there.. this one probably works the best with the headlights.. but i don't think there is a single kit out there that really looks that great on the front end.. best thing to do is just add a little lip on the stock piece

but if you get it.. go for the wide body instead :D

angrypancake
12-31-2005, 02:35 PM
To each his own, that's why we mod our cars ourself and don't pay West Coast, because they can't get it down to that personal level that is achieved by DIY. I mean ****, I was going to paint my car a few shades off of Kawasaki green, and I'm sure that most of the members wouldn't have agreed with my choice, but would have supported it in one way or another because it was in fact, my choice. McWatters, if you like/want to go for those zeemax kits, then by all means, go for it. Aren't you going to paint your car an awesome blue, sort of like the blue on a Skyline? I say go for it.

wingman
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah sorry Joel. I (like most others I imagine), don't check the details of the thread poster everytime before replying. Maybe I should. My opinion stands but I'd just finished replying to another thread about some young drivers. Sorry mate, didn't mean to offend.