PDA

View Full Version : M6 track vid

Jeff N.
12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Pretty interesting. This is in-car ICSSC race footage taken at Pacific Raceways here in Seattle. Know the car and the driver. Car's an E24 M6 with a wickedly built motor - you'll see power's not a problem.

Pretty interesting study on driving if you watch. I'll reserve my comments but maybe some others would like to share theirs.

Erik - study closely...here's where you'll be running this spring!

Google vid's pretty cool. Never knew about this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=784518657624753816

dacoyote
12-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Very Cool.... I wanta get into racing again

Jon K
12-29-2005, 08:19 PM
interesting how the rear steps out - any info on the motor? forced induced?

Jeff N.
12-29-2005, 09:01 PM
No forced induction. Just a fat M6 stroker and a big diet on the E24.

http://www.brannfors.com/redsharkracing/images/m6_poster.jpg

Obviously it's a bit wet making traction tricky however he's really overdriving the track, don't you think?

pundit
12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I thought this thing was as loose as Mother Goose.
I wasn't surprised when it spun out.

BigKriss
12-29-2005, 09:23 PM
sure he's driving hard, one spin and stall. On plenty of corners the tires are squealing. He's not driving the car too hard Jeff. Such fun!

pundit
12-29-2005, 09:32 PM
sure he's driving hard, one spin and stall. On plenty of corners the tires are squealing. He's not driving the car too hard Jeff. Such fun!
About 1500kgs of downforce would make it stick to the track much better. ;)

emw525E34
12-30-2005, 03:13 AM
Yeap, I thought the same thing!. Too many mistakes. Driver needs more training to master this car or was the car too heavy ?.

I saw a german clip from Essen where a prace-prep 320 took out all other racers in the field. Porsches, Lambos, you name it. That clip the driver mastered the track to perfection. It had a 6-speed sequential tranny and I think the engine revs to at lest 8500 rpm. Could hear that M3 chain-saw sound at high-rev before the guy shifts. That was the best race video I have ever seen to date. After, seeing that clip, one would say " I want that car!". Can I handle it ? is another matter altogether....

Jeff N.
12-30-2005, 07:05 AM
I saw a german clip from Essen where a prace-prep 320 took out all other racers in the field. Porsches, Lambos, you name it. That clip the driver mastered the track to perfection. It had a 6-speed sequential tranny and I think the engine revs to at lest 8500 rpm. Could hear that M3 chain-saw sound at high-rev before the guy shifts. That was the best race video I have ever seen to date. After, seeing that clip, one would say " I want that car!". Can I handle it ? is another matter altogether....

That *was* impressive - that guy was just mowing everyone down. Not only did he have a fast car but he was incredible in moving thru traffic as well.

Jeff N.
12-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Several times he's pushing to the outside of the corner...typical of a too hot entry. Not the fastest way around. There's one sequence where's he behind the E36 M3 going into the turn - watch how the M3 just leaves him on the exit. I wouldn't say that's a power thing, the M6 clearly has sufficient power to pull on the M3 - that's a technique issue.

Anyways - to be fair, the driver here is pretty new to racing and this a lot of car to gather up. And - the track was wet. I can attest how slippery it gets as Pacific in the wet...

SharkmanBMW
12-30-2005, 08:40 AM
he is obviously not overly-skilled!
half the time he was resting his right hand on the shifter... any racer knows 2 hands go on the wheel!

Incantation
12-30-2005, 10:04 AM
thanks for this.. my dad has an m6 and he will love it

Maximabello
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Erik - study closely...here's where you'll be running this spring!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=784518657624753816

Can't wait!

Robin-535im
12-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Very Cool.... I wanta get into racing again
Did I miss something... who's the driver? Erik Brannfors or Frank Fahey? (just a guess from the url you listed...)

Or maybe someone on this board who doesn't wish to be ID'd...

That car has some nice power/weight ratio to it. I think the track needs to buy a bunch of big bath towels though.

That track looks like a lot of fun, but those hills look pretty darn solid on the sides. Hate to hit one of them thar berms.

Jeff N.
12-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Erik's the driver and I think Frank's the engine builder.

Yes, very observant on the hills. The complex where he spun - known as turn 5a - is pretty darn tight. While you can't see it in the vid, he nearly stuffed the car backwards into the bank. On DE days, 5a/5b is *the last place* you want to loose it. Bank on the left, gully on the right. Not quite Mid Ohio or VIR runouts. I was impressed he kept it on the pavement. :D

Did I miss something... who's the driver? Erik Brannfors or Frank Fahey? (just a guess from the url you listed...)

Or maybe someone on this board who doesn't wish to be ID'd...

That car has some nice power/weight ratio to it. I think the track needs to buy a bunch of big bath towels though.

That track looks like a lot of fun, but those hills look pretty darn solid on the sides. Hate to hit one of them thar berms.

632 Regal
12-30-2005, 05:06 PM
put that guy in a 9 second quarter mile car...KaBoom!

I couldnt watch the whole thing, he hit the sides/curbs/lawn at least 15 times from the little I saw.

I do think I could do a better job as a complete ameteour in a strange car as his. I would in NO WAY allow that clip be published.

Just my 2¢