PDA

View Full Version : seinfeld has an e34

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 02:18 PM
seinfeld has an e34 for a while on his show, then it gets a B.O. scent stuck in the car and cant sell it

Qube
12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Really? I remember him only driving an e36... like when George was fighting over a parking space with Jerry's car.

Jon K
12-29-2005, 02:46 PM
the e34 gets BO

Alexlind123
12-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Actually, i think he has two e34s, the one with the BO (silver or tan i think) and a black one. The car that appears most often is a black saab.

angrypancake
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM
The restaraunt that they eat at sucks in real life. Its at the corner of 112th and Broadway, and when in school I live on 113th/B'way. But uh yeah don't know how much relevance it has, but their food sucks. And I got banned from there for being too drunk and throwing **** at people.

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 03:52 PM
ahh some fellow seinfeld lovers, he did have 2, i just watched an episode with a black one, he was driving to see the bubble boy, its a good one

pundit
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
The restaraunt that they eat at sucks in real life. Its at the corner of 112th and Broadway, and when in school I live on 113th/B'way. But uh yeah don't know how much relevance it has, but their food sucks. And I got banned from there for being too drunk and throwing **** at people.
Maybe the food was bad because some of the **** you threw wound up in it!

ryan roopnarine
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
it goes: either e34 (bubble boy/b.o. scent), then e36 (parking spot fight), then black saab (as in maroon golf suuuucks, black saab ruules).

Cambridge
12-29-2005, 04:27 PM
seinfeld has an e34 for a while on his show, then it gets a B.O. scent stuck in the car and cant sell it

I guess I hadn't looked close enough. For some reason I'd thought it was an E32.

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 04:29 PM
he bought a saab from putty, george bought a chrysler convertable cause he thought it was osme famous dudes, jerry has a van, cramer ruins one of jerrys saabs by putting blood in the coolant, ahh the list goes on

Dave M
12-29-2005, 05:23 PM

Angry,

Pleased to meet you. I'm a Seinfeld fan and the brother in-law is an even greater one. I'll have to remember to tell him about 'the guy on the bimmer forum that threw **** in the Seinfeld restaraunt'.

Oh, one one the favorites is Cramer's fuel starved Saab test ride.

Thanks,

Dave M

brodee
12-29-2005, 05:53 PM
I would have sworn the black one was an e38.

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 05:56 PM
"so basicaly you just want to see how far you can drive your friends car for free?"

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 05:57 PM
nope, just got a good look today, e34 for sure, if you have the resources, check out the episode where he goes to see the bubble boy, clear its an e34 in that one

brodee
12-29-2005, 06:37 PM
nope, just got a good look today, e34 for sure, if you have the resources, check out the episode where he goes to see the bubble boy, clear its an e34 in that one
Bubble Boy episode is an e34, but it's purple

http://www.tmdnet.com/bmw/seinfeld1.jpg

kyleN20
12-29-2005, 06:50 PM
im gunna try to argue thats a bad shot, because i just watched it, and im almost positive it was black

brodee
12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Smelly car is the silver e34.

http://www.tmdnet.com/bmw/seinfeld2.jpg

brodee
12-29-2005, 07:00 PM
im gunna try to argue thats a bad shot, because i just watched it, and im almost positive it was black
http://www.tmdnet.com/bmw/seinfeld3.jpg

Could be. I watched the whole scene back and forth and it looks purple, but I have a bad divx copy too. Did they even have purple on the regular e34 or just on the M5?

Sweet535i
12-30-2005, 03:35 AM
Back in '93 I'm flying from D.C. to Los Angeles and a colleague of mine and I were lucky enough to get bumped to first class. Just a couple minutes before they close the doors a young brunette breezes onto the plan and sits in the aisle seat across from my buddy and I. As she stands to take her coat off for the flight attendant to hang up I cannot help but notice that she is rather generously endowed...actually this is an understatement. Of course being a guy it took me a few minutes to get past that particular feature. Then off course my next priority is elbowing my buddy in the ribs so he could check her out as well. Imagine my surprise when I realize that this young lady (believe she was all of 19 at the time) is Shoshonna Lowenstein, Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend who was a student at George Washington University at the time. I've always been a huge Seinfeld fan and was positive of my ID, but my buddy doesn't believe me! So I'm trying to convince him when the flight attendant comes around to take drink/meal preferences...and she stops in the aisle and addresses the young lady as "Ms. Lowenstein". Hah! So..we spend the next 5 hours trying hard not to stare...probably unsuccessfully looking back on it...especially as she stuffed pillows behind the small of her back...back problems apparently...shocker...

Okay..upon landing I am sure that Jerry must me waiting for her...so what would any good Seinfield fan do? Of course..you guessed it, we de-plane and I stalk her (as discreetly as possible naturally) as she heads through the terminal. Does she even head towards the lower level to pick-up luggage?...no way...she's travelling light...she heads directly through the upper level (departures level) of LAX, past ticketing and out onto the curb. It's during the evening so it is dark. Once on the curb she hangs a sharp left and heads down towards the open area before one gets to the United ticket counters. If anyone knows where United is, on the horseshoe down close to the international terminal, about 50 yards down waiting on the curb stands Jerry himself, leaning against his wicked looking gleaming 930. I knew he was a Porsche guy and had one or two - but to actually see him there with the car was pretty cool. So he greets Shoshanna...enthusiastically to say the least..and in the middle of the clinch gets interrupted by a fan looking for an autograph. Jerry wasn't real happy about that interruption but he probably handled it far better than I would have...and no the fan was not me! He gets her in the car, fires that engine up and roars off. Had to admit that at that moment his life looked pretty darned good..and getting better by the minute...

brodee
12-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Very cool. Smoking gun had a write-up on the garage he had built in NY - Link Here (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0527041jerry1.html)

ryan roopnarine
12-30-2005, 04:15 AM
still stand behind my assessment of the vehicle order. the van was a novelty episode :D e34/e34, e36, saaaab.

"......Have you ever been completely below the slash?
Well, I almost did once, and I blacked out. When I came to, the car was in a ditch, and the tank was full. I don’t know who did it, and I never got to
thank them.. "

best f'ing excerpt from that show, i always ask my cousin (also a seinfeld fan) about the coconut in twix when he visits.

GEORGE: One of your guys - Kip, or Ned, short name - stole my Twix candy bar!

WILLIE: Are you saying he grabbed the candy bar away from you?

GEORGE: He might as well have! I caught him, and his face was covered in chocolate and cookie crumbs.

WILLIE: I thought you said it was a Twix.

GEORGE: Oh, it was. But he claimed it was a 5th Avenue bar.

WILLIE: Maybe it was.

GEORGE: Oh, no, no. Twix is the only candy with the cookie crunch.

WILLIE: What about the $100,000 bar?

GEORGE: No. Rice and caramel.

WILLIE: Nougat?

GEORGE: No.

WILLIE: Positive?

GEORGE: Please.

(A woman appears from behind the window)

WOMAN: You know they changed the name from $100,000 bar to 100 Grand?

GEORGE: All I want is my seventy-five cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired!

(An old man sitting in a nearby chair speaks up. He’s Willie’s father)

WILLIE SR: I remember when you used to be able to get a Hershey for a nickel.

(The man behind George speaks up)

MAN: What’s the one with the swirling chocolate in the commercial?

GEORGE: They all have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

WILLIE SR: Not Skittles.

WILLIE: Dad, I told you you could sit here only if you don’t talk.

WOMAN: (Sitting behind George) You make your father sit here all day?

WILLIE: He likes it!

GEORGE: Alright! Do you mind? I have the window! (To Willie) Now, what are you gonna do about my Twix?

MAN: (In line behind George) Twix has too much coconut.

GEORGE: No! There’s no coconut!

WOMAN: (Behind service window) I’m allergic to coconut.

WILLIE: I’m not.

WILLIE SR: ..A nickel!

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Seinfeld.....

thats like a TV show right... like firefly?

mattyb
12-30-2005, 05:32 AM
maybe seinfeld sucks

Sweet535i
12-30-2005, 07:17 AM
...suppose the quick wit it takes to follow the humor in the show is not everyone's forte'...

E34 530
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM
maybe seinfeld sucks

BLASPHEMY

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM
...suppose the quick wit it takes to follow the humor in the show is not everyone's forte'...

Swcrw You Bcith

E34 530
12-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Swcrw You Bcith

Haha wise words indeed

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 08:17 AM
BLASPHEMY

Seinfeld is like the church going chick that has never been to first base giving you head....

all she does is blow

dacoyote
12-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Haha wise words indeed

I though so...

Sweet535i
12-30-2005, 08:09 PM
..damn shame a few of us are underpowered in more ways than one...seinfeld envy is not pretty at all...although apparently a sad fact of life nonetheless. Still trying to figure out some of the phraseology in this thread...guess my earlier post pretty much stands after seeing a few responses...

Super90
01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
leaning against his wicked looking gleaming 930. I knew he was a Porsche guy and had one or two - but to actually see him there with the car was pretty cool. ...

Mr. Seinfeld is an enormous collector of Porsche's and especially the 356's. He is regularly seen at Porsche meets and especially the vintage get-togethers. He is reportedly a very nice guy at these events and, while he doesn't make himself obvious, he doesn't really try and hide.

If you watch his show, you will notice there are a two prints hanging on his "apartment's" walls that are Porsche related. One is from a 356 meet in Steaboat Springs CO in 1991 and has a silver Spyder on it being followed by a red Spyder. The other one is a vintage promotional poster.

Rumor has it that he has a building near LAX that is full of Porsches. He was also reported to have bought a building in NYC and was converting it to a multi-level garage, just for all his personal cars. He has dozens and dozens of Porsches and many are original vintage cars. I personally saw a Spyder he bought being restored at the Porsche Factory in Stuttgart.

Also, that episode about "The Maestro", is not really about a conductor, but instead about a fellow in CA named Harry Pellow that worked exclusively on 356's. Harry in fact called himself "The Maestro" and fixed one of Jerry's Speedsters that had a severly botched engine done by some "turkey". Harry was a legend in 356's circles. Jerry found the fact that someone actually referred to themselves as "The Maestro" really funny and incorporated it in his show. Another example of art following reality.

Finally, Mr. Seinfeld has been quoted several times in "Excellence" magazine regarding Porsches.

His BMW interest is passing in comparison to his passion for Porsches

Yes, you guessed it, I too own a 356.

Jimbo
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Slightly OT, but Fraiser is also seen driving an E34 in at least one episode of his show. I can't remember which one because it was a couple years ago that I saw it.

brodee
01-02-2006, 09:24 PM
He was also reported to have bought a building in NYC and was converting it to a multi-level garage, just for all his personal cars.

See my link on page 2 for pictures.

632 Regal
01-02-2006, 09:58 PM
yeah, and if you tell me who Dacoyote is you get half his money.
Seinfeld.....

thats like a TV show right... like firefly?

Sweet535i
01-03-2006, 08:25 PM
...forget him...dacoyote is on dapeyote...gibberish-man...

dacoyote
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
yeah, and if you tell me who Dacoyote is you get half his money.

Who is Dacoyote.... dacoyote is Cooler then you Jeff.... younger.. and better looking...

dacoyote
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
...forget him...dacoyote is on dapeyote...gibberish-man...

gibberish.... I haven't had that much to drink yet

angrypancake
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
mmmmm peyote....