PDA

View Full Version : 1993 525iT rear seat back removal?

calmloki
12-29-2005, 10:03 AM
New to me touring in the garage and I want to remove the rear seat rests. No Bentley on hand and the only message on point that I found said that Bentley wasn't really helpful... Anyone able to give me a few pointers? Do the seat back covers come off to access interior hinge post pockets? Rather not do indiscriminate parts pulling.
Thanks, Tom Walrod

Kalevera
12-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Rear headrests? I've never removed them on a touring, but they're probably the same as on the saloon. Push up; there's a detent at the bottom of the extension.

best, whit

calmloki
12-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Rear headrests? I've never removed them on a touring, but they're probably the same as on the saloon. Push up; there's a detent at the bottom of the extension.

best, whit

My bad - should have said trying to remove the rear seat ~back~rests. Trying to remove the fold down seat backs from the car.

thanks, Tom

Bill R.
12-30-2005, 05:18 AM
http://www.bimmer.info/%7Ebill/touringseatback.jpg
My bad - should have said trying to remove the rear seat ~back~rests. Trying to remove the fold down seat backs from the car.

thanks, Tom

calmloki
12-30-2005, 08:42 AM
WooHoo! Thanks Bill - now if I don't #$%! up the side trim getting it out I'll be in good shape!
Tom

calmloki
12-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok, for posterity, here's the trick on the side bolsters:
- hand under black seat belt slot, pull top of side pad toward front of car, side pad comes right out. Drawing sure looked like a sideways pull was called for, but not so. Toughest part is skinning your hand under the black seatbelt trim part at the top of the bolster.

WooHoo! Thanks Bill - now if I don't #$%! up the side trim getting it out I'll be in good shape!
Tom