PDA

View Full Version : 95 328is driver window moves up and down repeatedly after door is shut

an535i
12-29-2005, 08:02 AM
I have a 95 328is as a driver and I am having some problems with the drivers power window. Hit the switch to go down, it works fine One-Touch too. Moving up is a different story if I hold the switch down for going up for longer than a few seconds the window starts moving back down automatically.. also when I shut the door the window moves up and down about a half inch repeatedly on its own. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

winfred
12-29-2005, 08:11 AM
something is out of adjustment with the latch, it has to do with the function that cracks the window slightly when you open the door

an535i
12-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Ok that's the circuit or system I believe to be the problem.. but I have one Door Handle Mechanism already out of the vehicle (was broken) and Im not sure where any adjustments could be made.. The window does drop down when opening the door, and it go's to reposition and gets out of whack and moves up and down like 5 or more times.. Is there a contact in the window track that tells the window to stop?

winfred
12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
theres no stop it's all programed into the one touch it's getting a bad signal, you can probably push on the door and make it stop