PDA

View Full Version : inner door seal

MB535
03-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Anyone have a line on where to find an inner door seal (fits inside the door opening). My driver's side seal is shot and I haven't been able to track a source down or even get a part number.

632 Regal
03-10-2004, 09:11 PM
me also...tan interior (pargament) needs all the door trim for all doors they all seem to have shrunk. info wanted.

Scott E
03-10-2004, 10:14 PM
me also...tan interior (pargament) needs all the door trim for all doors they all seem to have shrunk. info wanted.

Unregistered
03-11-2004, 06:28 AM
Anyone have a line on where to find an inner door seal (fits inside the door opening). My driver's side seal is shot and I haven't been able to track a source down or even get a part number.

can u post pics? i think i hav the sme prob on my car too TIA

Ken from Guam

NoSpeedLimits
03-11-2004, 07:25 AM
Hummm...I too, have a problem with shrinkage....glad to learn I am not the only one. ha, ha, ha....

Seriously, I do have the same problem with my inner door seals. I was considering the purchase of new ones but if it cost is like other items...well, you know... anyway, if anyone finds out from BMA, then please let us know. TIA.

BTW - just in case your wondering, the color of my interior trim is gray/black.

MO525
03-11-2004, 07:44 AM

The seals themselves are in very good shape.
It seems as though the tan portion has shrunk.
Strange.

Russell
03-11-2004, 08:11 AM
I think the price is about $80 per door. Not sure. Give Patrick a call at BMA. The gaskets around my doors have also shrunk. I get some wind whistle up to about 40 mph-then it stops. Think the noise is on the right side. However, it could be the microfilter becoming clogged. It has not been changed in about 30,000 miles. Need to do soon.

Jon M
03-11-2004, 01:21 PM
I think the price is about $80 per door. Not sure. Give Patrick a call at BMA. .

I just did all four of my doors, cost was 63 each for the front, 80 for the back. the only difference between the two seals is that the front is just slightly longer. slipping them on was a pita, but not hard in the grand scheme. certainly easier than doing thrust arms.

it made a huge difference in quieting down my interior. it's like a new car in terms of noise. my seals were shrinking and separating from the frame. The part of the seal that grips onto the door also appeared to be getting brittle, causing the excess noises - which couldn't be solved via gummi phledge on the rubber.

Russell
03-11-2004, 02:56 PM
What types of noises and which doors were the worst?

I think I just want to replace the front or rear doors at this time. They look good, no breaks and are soft. However, I get sort of a muffled roar that gets louder (above about 55mph) and a whistle below 40 mph. Just not sure of the cause. BTW, what year is your car?

I just did all four of my doors, cost was 63 each for the front, 80 for the back. the only difference between the two seals is that the front is just slightly longer. slipping them on was a pita, but not hard in the grand scheme. certainly easier than doing thrust arms.

it made a huge difference in quieting down my interior. it's like a new car in terms of noise. my seals were shrinking and separating from the frame. The part of the seal that grips onto the door also appeared to be getting brittle, causing the excess noises - which couldn't be solved via gummi phledge on the rubber.

Erich M
03-11-2004, 03:41 PM
If you have access to an ETK, it is I believe under the body section. The part number for gray (schiefer) is 51 72 1 946 393. If you need Ultramarin, the part number is 51 72 8 137 771. The Pergament and Brasil colors are the same number with the exception of the last three digits, 772 for Pergament and 773 for Brasil. These are for the front seals. BMA could get them for about $73 a piece, while Pacific BMW could get them for about $62 a piece. My question is how hard are they to remove and install?

Jon M.
03-11-2004, 04:22 PM
What types of noises and which doors were the worst?

I think I just want to replace the front or rear doors at this time. The look good, no breaks and are soft. However, I get sort of a muffled roar thet gets louder (above about 55mph) and a whistle below 40 mph. Just not sure of the cause. BTW, what year is your car?

mine's a '92 with parchment interior.

my rear doors were the worst in terms of shrinkage, with visible gaps in the rear kink between the body and the seal. my front driver's side rubber section was torn up and looked the most ragged.

i didn't have any wind whistle problems, and i think that if they were caused by seals they would be the seals on the doors themselves that were out of shape, not the body-mounted seals - but that's just an observation based on the fact that my rear door seals had completely separated in certain sections from the body, and I didn't have those noises, but my door-mounted seals are fine.

my noises were all squeaks and rattles - the kind of stuff that drives an obsessed person like myself nuts.

Russell
03-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info.

Mike
03-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Heh, I did it the cheap way - only my driver's edge protector looked bad, but all were shrunk - I replaced the driver's side and cut up the old one into small 1" or so pieces, and used those pieces to literally fill in the remaining edge protectors so there is no gap :) What can I say, worked like a charm! BTW I used a hand metal saw to cleanly cut the seals.

Russell
03-12-2004, 01:19 PM
great idea-I was starting to think this way as well.

Russell
03-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Think I will call them next time on major parts. I need to replace my rear package shelf as well. IMO, they seem easy to remove as they just pull off. Not sure about how to install. Even though they just press on, they may not be pre-formed to fit the door frame.

Thanks for the advice and part numbers.

If you have access to an ETK, it is I believe under the body section. The part number for gray (schiefer) is 51 72 1 946 393. If you need Ultramarin, the part number is 51 72 8 137 771. The Pergament and Brasil colors are the same number with the exception of the last three digits, 772 for Pergament and 773 for Brasil. These are for the front seals. BMA could get them for about $73 a piece, while Pacific BMW could get them for about $62 a piece. My question is how hard are they to remove and install?

MB535
03-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks to all who responded. Indeed, BMA has access to the door seals and I have one on the way. Looking forward to installing (yeah, right!). But I'm tired of a door that clunks and leaks air. :)