PDA

View Full Version : Spinning

t_marat
12-27-2005, 01:10 AM
I saw a video posted a while back showing a man being ran over by his own spinning car. Here is an article about that:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4552062.stm

genphreak
12-27-2005, 03:55 AM
I saw a video posted a while back showing a man being ran over by his own spinning car. Here is an article about that:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4552062.stmInteresting stuff. :D No 'Don't try this at home' stuff like CNN would put on it... :) I better fashion up a full lock and throttle lock for my e34 and see!

I wonder how long their centre bearings last spinning throughout the Soweto nights...

Mewsy
12-27-2005, 04:40 AM
I'm a Paramedic in Western Australia, and I once had to pick up a guy who got run over by his own 4WD. He was trying to pull out a tree stump with a rope attached to his front bumper, car in reverse. It was an auto trans, and he had the throttle lock on it when he got out to check the rope. The rope snapped and he got knocked over by the open door and run over. No damage to him, but the car proceeded to run through two fences before stopping against another tree!!!!

genphreak
12-27-2005, 04:53 AM
I'm a Paramedic in Western Australia, and I once had to pick up a guy who got run over by his own 4WD. He was trying to pull out a tree stump with a rope attached to his front bumper, car in reverse. It was an auto trans, and he had the throttle lock on it when he got out to check the rope. The rope snapped and he got knocked over by the open door and run over. No damage to him, but the car proceeded to run through two fences before stopping against another tree!!!!LOL, sounds like he was full of beer (how else do u avoid injury whilst being run over by a 4WD?). Let me guess, the next month he ripped out the other tree too? Did that happen to be in the famous WA wheat belt? GOod on ya Mewsy, I know how tought it can be ( a mate of mine is an ambo, its not the easiest thing to do rescuing so many drunks...) :) Nick

Mewsy
12-27-2005, 04:57 AM
LOL, sounds like he was full of beer (how else do u avoid injury whilst being run over by a 4WD?). Let me guess, the next month he ripped out the other tree too? Did that happen to be in the famous WA wheat belt? GOod on ya Mewsy, I know how tought it can be ( a mate of mine is an ambo, its not the easiest thing to do rescuing so many drunks...) :) Nick

It was actually in the suburbs, and he was about 65 years old with a relatively new 4WD. One thing about my job is the never ending amusement at the stupid things people do!! This bloke actually had a solid tyre mark accross his chest!!