PDA

View Full Version : Ok....wha'd ya get??? For Christmas that is...

Jr ///M5
12-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Shallow question considering what someone else gave for each and every one of us. Just list your favorite gift, no matter what, it's special to you for some reason.

This year, my sister gave me a cool "///M Power" long sleeve T shirt. You know the ones with "MPower" written down the sleeve. After talking to her on the phone, she tells me that she really didn't know if it was BMW or not, " It must be their trademark or something";) ..."I didn't see BMW on it anywhere"...little did she know.:D
When I was 8 years old, she made me a Superman cape for Christmas. I flew around the house for hours and still, to this day, treasure that memory! That was over 40 years ago. See how this works now?

Merry Christmas to everyone on the board, share what you've got, or had, with others, because......that's why we're here, and that's what sets us apart from everybody else on the net.

Jr

shogun
12-25-2005, 08:33 AM
I did not get anything, as we do not celebrate X-mas in Japan :(

For the shops it was a normal working day yesterday and today.

pyro
12-25-2005, 08:39 AM
wow crazy... i got a car care kit w/ wheel shine and all that cool stuff.

Jr ///M5
12-25-2005, 08:53 AM
I did not get anything, as we do not celebrate X-mas in Japan :(

For the shops it was a normal working day yesterday and today.

Thanks shogun, for all the gifts you bring to the board.

Jr

liquidtiger720
12-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I ordered a dell axim x51v for myself...haha. I think I'm going to be returning it and re-buying it since I over paid and didnt use any coupons to get some $$'s off.

angrypancake
12-25-2005, 09:16 AM
I got to wake up and see both my parents, and that in and of itself, although looked over every day, is the most meaningful to me. Materialistically speaking, I got a kick ass 200 piece mechanics set with 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 drive sockets, tons and tons of bits, torx, hex keys, and a 19.2volt drill with dual level. The card said: "Dear Nat, with the proper tools, now you can stop ****ing up your car. -Santa."

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5281/sonyshit0096nr.jpg

Johntee540
12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Well - I would echo all the meaningful things already said..... Okay now for the haul. New Condo Tool Box for the garage; Set of BBS RK 18 Wheels; New Torque Wrench; Digital Micrometer; and an AirCompressor - finally! - JT

misfortune
12-25-2005, 11:58 AM
NOW YOU CAN LOOK LIKE A BMW NERD EVERYWHERE YOU GO

:)

Nice story man.

Shallow question considering what someone else gave for each and every one of us. Just list your favorite gift, no matter what, it's special to you for some reason.

This year, my sister gave me a cool "///M Power" long sleeve T shirt. You know the ones with "MPower" written down the sleeve. After talking to her on the phone, she tells me that she really didn't know if it was BMW or not, " It must be their trademark or something";) ..."I didn't see BMW on it anywhere"...little did she know.:D
When I was 8 years old, she made me a Superman cape for Christmas. I flew around the house for hours and still, to this day, treasure that memory! That was over 40 years ago. See how this works now?

Merry Christmas to everyone on the board, share what you've got, or had, with others, because......that's why we're here, and that's what sets us apart from everybody else on the net.

Jr

AllGo'n'Show
12-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Car wise?

TMS ECU Chip
Snow scraper *someone jacked mine*
Road safety kit thingy *havent opened it yet to see whats in it*
Seat covers *going to return, i got leather for chirst sake*
Gas certificates
Money *goes towards H&R Springs, Tint, Spray on tinting **** for the tial lights and such*

bahnstormer
12-25-2005, 12:26 PM
i got a motorcycle jacket, gloves, service manual
and some clothes =]

mzarifkar
12-25-2005, 02:02 PM
I got a BMW aluminum covered notebook, BMW mug, and BMw driving gloves.

Also i think i could consider 530iTouring giving me his front bumper a big Chistmas gift. Thanks!! Just shows the great community a bunch of e34 owners can create.

M

Alexlind123
12-25-2005, 02:24 PM
In the BMW category, i received a BMW mug, some BMW cirrusblau touchup paint and clearcoat, one wheel center cap that was missing when i got the car, two metal roundels(?) for the two yellowed center caps, a Bentley service manual, the little plastic switch cover that was missing from my mirror switch, the little plastic cover that was missing from my positive battery terminal under the hood and some Meguiars "gold class" "rich leather" cleaner/conditioner.

billb
12-25-2005, 07:36 PM
...will take pics of it installed tomorrow. My brother-in-law hit the jackpot for us, and gave us a Nikon Coolpix 5600 (to replace our aging Fuji Finepix 2100!). This thing's AWESOME!

My favorite gift? Seeing the look on my son's face when he realized Santa had not missed stopping here (even if he did leave second-hand toys from consignment sales!);) The kid's 2-1/2; he's not going to know the difference. Guess my favorite item to come into our household was this Thomas the Tank Engine item:

winfred
12-25-2005, 07:45 PM
i gotta hole in my sock

Jeff N.
12-25-2005, 07:56 PM
My 9 month old is a tool hawk. Got daddy a nice ratchet to replace his Sears POS 1/4 drive.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/42500/42426.JPG

Lennyz525i
12-25-2005, 08:06 PM
I got a 93 E34 M5 with 37K miles on it.. and then I woke up :(

I did get a plastic E21 model!

Jr ///M5
12-25-2005, 08:49 PM
...will take pics of it installed tomorrow. My brother-in-law hit the jackpot for us, and gave us a Nikon Coolpix 5600 (to replace our aging Fuji Finepix 2100!). This thing's AWESOME!

My favorite gift? Seeing the look on my son's face when he realized Santa had not missed stopping here (even if he did leave second-hand toys from consignment sales!);) The kid's 2-1/2; he's not going to know the difference. Guess my favorite item to come into our household was this Thomas the Tank Engine item:

Bill, just wanted you to know I saw your name and Lainey's name in the Roundel. Recognition was given to you for running the Fun Rally and a couple other events. I looked for your entry in the races, but didn't see it. It's a wonderful thing to help out at an event like that!
Web will have fun with the boxes at that age! Hope your Christmas was a good one.

Congratulations,
Jr

digitaldragon03
12-25-2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.bmwxenon.com/parts5.jpg
...excpet mine has the emblem colored in black, white and blue.

Springfield1952
12-25-2005, 09:32 PM
My first suprise was a TMS/Conforti chip from my loving wife (with heavy pressure from my son) for the M5. I've only had the M5 for a few months but the idea of extra power was pretty cool. So, this morning the aformentioned son and I pop out the ECU, open the can, separate the PCB's and pull off the retainer cap on the chip and WHAT?!?!? - it already has a Dinan chip installed that either the PO did not know about or forgot to mention it when I bought the car. It was quite a shock!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/curtanderson/M5ECUDinanChipPhoto.jpg

The son unit was disappointed at first but we started thinking how we could spend the money from the chip to get rid of the self-leveling suspension and get those Bilsteins for the car :D ! Happy Holidays everyone.

Curt.

MTechnik540i
12-25-2005, 10:06 PM

What ever happened with the e39 touring?

MTechnik540i
12-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Dell XPS M140 notebook
McCulloch 6000k H1 HID kit
Clothes/Certificates
Couple tools

Definitely not a bad Christmas for myself!

grave77
12-25-2005, 10:27 PM
can you show me the brand u used for tail lights tinting? or links would do. I wish to do mine in black ... sticking the tint didnt work ...

grave77
12-25-2005, 10:28 PM
I got this last year but on my Birthday with from my brother :) I liked it .. one of the best ones I owned.

Gayle
12-25-2005, 10:28 PM
In the BMW category, i received a BMW mug, some BMW cirrusblau touchup paint and clearcoat, one wheel center cap that was missing when i got the car, two metal roundels(?) for the two yellowed center caps, a Bentley service manual, the little plastic switch cover that was missing from my mirror switch, the little plastic cover that was missing from my positive battery terminal under the hood and some Meguiars "gold class" "rich leather" cleaner/conditioner.

I just love stuff like you got Alex. It is not big but it restores your BMW to its former glory. I still remember the excitement of getting a new rondel as a present for my former convertible. If your family figured that out on their own, what a cool family you have.

Randell
12-25-2005, 11:09 PM
I ordered a dell axim x51v for myself...haha. I think I'm going to be returning it and re-buying it since I over paid and didnt use any coupons to get some $$'s off.

haha i did the same! i got 20% off mine so it was a bargain, it's a cool toy and will be a nice replacement to my old symbian smartphone when i have to get back to work after my break.. the VGA screen kicks ass

my girlfriend got me the 1:10 scale lego enzo ferarri, which is awesome i'm building it now.. i feel a bit sad, 23 and still playing with lego, but these bastards are following me as i grow up!! ;)

tdgard
12-25-2005, 11:30 PM
A Canon digital SLR. Man is that thing great. Instant response like a 35mm camera. I handed it to someone to take our picture & they grabbed it wrong and click, click, click, click, click, click. 6 shots of the walls, floor, and ceiling before they could get their finger off the button. Big laughs at their expense. It’s kind of like getting a puppy for Christmas though. Big time shopping tomorrow for all the stuff you need to support it—camera bag, spare batteries, lenses, filters, tripods, more memory, blah blah blah. Hopefully fine BMW shots to follow.

angrypancake
12-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I forgot to mention I got a couple of cases of Magic Hat (beer from Vermont) and some of this sticky green stuff that makes you feel funny when you smoke it.

emw525E34
12-26-2005, 02:40 AM
I could not get my Archos PMA400 but got a great lay....

Come mid-Jan , new iBook and new Mac Mini both Intel powered. So much for Xmas in a pace that has no snow.....

billb
12-26-2005, 03:40 AM
What ever happened with the e39 touring?
...finances just aren't lining up right at this point. Might even be searching around for a 535 to replace my 318is, so I'll keep you guys in mind if the E30 goes on the block.

Scott H
12-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Doesn't look like he was around to add similar comment.... :p

My 9 month old is a tool hawk. Got daddy a nice ratchet to replace his Sears POS 1/4 drive.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/42500/42426.JPG

JoeS
12-26-2005, 05:58 AM
After reading your initial post, i immediately thought of you galloping around your house in your red superman cape strung out on painkillers, in your underwear, with a marlboro hanging out of you mouth - Screaming "Where is that bitch lois".......

Happy year JR..

Joe

onewhippedpuppy
12-26-2005, 06:10 AM
My wife gave me a BMW gift card, which quickly went for Hella clear turn signals and new groummet thingys on my brake mc that are leaking. She promised me though that after we get our 4Runner paid off (this month), then I can really start buying some things. So Christmas may come in January for me!

pundit
12-26-2005, 06:47 AM
I bought myself a 10" subwoofer and a couple of amps for Christmas.
Well no one else was going to!
I'm picking up a digital crossover and a pure sinewave inverter next week.
Then I'll build a Car PC and that will be more than enough... until next Christmas!

Jr ///M5
12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
After reading your initial post, i immediately thought of you galloping around your house in your red superman cape strung out on painkillers, in your underwear, with a marlboro hanging out of you mouth - Screaming "Where is that bitch lois".......

Happy year JR..

Joe

So are you skipping out of work Wednesday to help Scott on the Touring project slam dunk? I'm thinking about making the drive up if I'm still not too sore from galloping around the house...:D

McWatters
12-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey there sounds like alot of you brought in a decent haul from the old fat man this year.. my fav gifts, were a bmw hat, and bmw touqe, a Performance BMW magazine, a cup holder, starbucks card, and a sweeet big Red tool case on wheels, u know the ones u see in al the shops.

merry xmas to all, and cheers to all your new years resolutions.

cheers
J.Mcwatters

DanDombrowski
12-26-2005, 02:17 PM
I got a furniture set from my girlfriend for "our" new apartment. Its a sofa, loveseat, coffee table, end table, and sofa table. Leather, of course. Totally love it. My present to her was "our" toshiba 42" plasma.

More ordinary presents include a bluetooth headset for my Razr phone (an absolute must have for driving a manual while talking on the phone), some tool kits, a bench grinder, and an 15 gal air compressor with air tools from my parents. Those are sorta automotive related.

Merry Christmas to all

ryan roopnarine
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
ill start with my actual "xmas" presents.

somehow, my sister knew that i wanted the DVD of magnolia (don't laugh), so that was a pleasant suprise (i thought i was getting nothing), plus a copy of the SNL will ferrel dvd, and a wide kenneth cole belt for my "little friend". a car vacuum, a blanket??, and some other misc. stuff.

my presents at the junkyard...
an e32 and e34...
all you people in southern california/NY may see them all the time, I've never seen one of either here.

i got
a general module (the new green one), a relay module, the rear bumper trim, the two airbag sensors i need, a glovebox latch, a headlight lens, the abs relays, a length of the pad thickness sensor cable, all the underseat relays, a door brake, plus some other stuff i don't remember plus some 99 ford taurus crap for the grand sum of $37!! im smitten. the car was picked CLEAN (ie, visors, door panels, glovebox, cluster, trunk, engine, rad, ac crap), you have to be a cheap SOB like myself to find any of the stuff i did. the guy wants $35 for a steering box from the e32, ill get it if i find out it will fit without mods.

willobmw
12-26-2005, 05:37 PM
A wallet from the Mrs. and some Calvin Klein tees from the kids. HID lights for the E34.

MTechnik540i
12-26-2005, 08:29 PM
...finances just aren't lining up right at this point. Might even be searching around for a 535 to replace my 318is, so I'll keep you guys in mind if the E30 goes on the block.

I don't think I could speak to you if you did that. LOL

Kalevera
12-26-2005, 08:36 PM
ill start with my actual "xmas" presents.

somehow, my sister knew that i wanted the DVD of magnolia (don't laugh), so that was a pleasant suprise (i thought i was getting nothing), plus a copy of the SNL will ferrel dvd, and a wide kenneth cole belt for my "little friend". a car vacuum, a blanket??, and some other misc. stuff.

my presents at the junkyard...
an e32 and e34...
all you people in southern california/NY may see them all the time, I've never seen one of either here.

i got
a general module (the new green one), a relay module, the rear bumper trim, the two airbag sensors i need, a glovebox latch, a headlight lens, the abs relays, a length of the pad thickness sensor cable, all the underseat relays, a door brake, plus some other stuff i don't remember plus some 99 ford taurus crap for the grand sum of $37!! im smitten. the car was picked CLEAN (ie, visors, door panels, glovebox, cluster, trunk, engine, rad, ac crap), you have to be a cheap SOB like myself to find any of the stuff i did. the guy wants $35 for a steering box from the e32, ill get it if i find out it will fit without mods.
Roop, you should buy that steering box, regardless. They usually go for $50+ on the 'bay, because it's practically guaranteed to be a servotronic unit. It won't work in your car, though -- it's also guaranteed to have a completely different gear ratio.

best, whit

Incantation
12-26-2005, 08:51 PM
do you own a motorcycle?

Jeff N.
12-26-2005, 09:33 PM
...We can't call him Mr. Zippo any more.

Doesn't look like he was around to add similar comment.... :p

TheDuke
12-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Well, I got my family for Christmas, haven’t seen some of them for over five years. I think that was the best gift ever.

Mewsy
12-27-2005, 04:42 AM
Mounted them next to the battery tray and work great!!

Jr

emw525E34
12-27-2005, 06:43 AM
Well done, Duke!. Thats priceless!.

SLEX Runner
12-27-2005, 07:28 AM
The BMW Formula Cup was held here in Bahrain before Christmas weekend and my wife purchased for me as a gift a BMW MOTORSPORTS jacket and a BMW F1 keychain

The thing is, I am more of a FERRARI fan when it comes to F1.

Now i'm compelled to wear the jacket come F1 season opener this March 12th

kyleN20
12-27-2005, 08:24 AM
i book and a mac mini, cool, what ibook? i do all my posting from a 14in with a super drive.

let me know if you have any questions

kyle

azale
12-27-2005, 08:56 AM
6 month carwash card for my '94 525i, tennis racket, soccerball, and fifa 2005 for xbox so i can play online with my bro-in-law. I also got Scrabble but it was on my wife's list. I got her back by getting her a Garmin Quest (a gps was on my list). We took the Quest on a flight and reached a top speed of 463 mph and an altitude of 35,000 ft . . . "tell the captain I'm keeping track of things back in coach."

She still got the best present: 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 SE (now you know why I wanted a GPS)

Best CHRISTmas ever: When I was about 5, I asked for and received an Air Jammer Bug Scrammer (hand pump, compressed air, single-piston, muffler-free, footlong car) . I said I didn't need anymore presents that year because I already had everything I wanted. Those were the days.

Elekta
12-27-2005, 09:09 AM
A rose bowl ticket for $175!! Too bad the plane ticket was $650, but I'm going!!

WuHOO Hook em baby

I sure wish my touring was ready. Still in the paint booth. We were given a Dodge Caravan by the insurance company and the wife hit a concrete pole trying to wash it. DOH!!! So much for the Christmas money my dad gave us. Hello dent busters

Bill R.
12-27-2005, 09:09 AM
looked it up... Ratio is the same but in the etk the boxes don't interchange with any other model other than e32... but that doesn't mean it won't work.
The boost provided by the servotronic might be kind of goofy though without it hooked up..http://www.bimmer.info/%7Ebill/steering%20ration.jpg

Roop, you should buy that steering box, regardless. They usually go for $50+ on the 'bay, because it's practically guaranteed to be a servotronic unit. It won't work in your car, though -- it's also guaranteed to have a completely different gear ratio.

best, whit

kyleN20
12-27-2005, 09:17 AM
picked this up in thiland for like 10 bucks, fleece, kinda look like a yuppie, but whatever
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/kylen20/DSCF0026.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/kylen20/DSCF0027.jpg
by the way, do you live in the same place as Wacko Jacko. drew and mike (radio personalities) just called a hardrock in barhain and yelled at them for kising Jacko's ass so much, haha

kyle

kyleN20
12-27-2005, 09:25 AM
lets see, got a decent digital, no slr or anything, but works good enough for me at 4.1 MP, got a multiport usb hub, a weird billit alum. scroling know for my ibook, some sweet bose media speakers, clear as a bell, a laptop case, and some cool books on world war 2, complete with dvds on each phase of the war.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/kylen20/DSCF0025.jpg
and of corse, i got to wake up and see my baby in the driveway
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/kylen20/DSCF0029.jpg
me with my new camera on a ride to Gr. Rapids
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/kylen20/DSCF0010.jpg
best wishes for new year, it was a merry christmas

kyle

Qube
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey! You got one of dem turbo-oven-knobs for your car! Heh.

dacoyote
12-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I got to wake up and see both my parents, and that in and of itself, although looked over every day, is the most meaningful to me. Materialistically speaking, I got a kick ass 200 piece mechanics set with 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4 drive sockets, tons and tons of bits, torx, hex keys, and a 19.2volt drill with dual level. The card said: "Dear Nat, with the proper tools, now you can stop ****ing up your car. -Santa."

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5281/sonyshit0096nr.jpg

HAHAHAHA... best Card Ever....

632 Regal
12-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I got a new entertainment center!
http://www.applelinks.com/p5/images/uploads/charles/doispkpole.jpg

kyleN20
12-27-2005, 11:37 AM
ha, no, NO... its a billet alum. knob. it can be set up to work with my computer so that when i turn it, it can change the volume, or scroll down a document i have open. when i have it set for my volume, as i spin it to turn it louder, a blue led on the bottem gets brighter and brighter, its pretty pointless but i think its cool as hell
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/index.php#
also, my girlfriend got me madden 06 for xbox, and its pretty sweet

JoeS
12-27-2005, 03:42 PM

SLEX Runner
12-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi Kyle!

Yup, he's now a resident here as he blends in perfectly well (boy lovers), and he's a great way to escape jury duty....LOL

Gayle
12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi Kyle!

Yup, he's now a resident here as he blends in perfectly well (boy lovers), and he's a great way to escape jury duty....LOL

Are you saying that Jako is living in bahrain now?

hakwuzhere
12-27-2005, 08:49 PM
This was a very E34 XMAS for me.... I normally dont do xmas lists, but this year I was specific....

Projector34's
Hella Smoked Tails
Hella Smoked Turn Signals
EAT Chip
Derlin Subframe Inserts
Bentley E34 Guide
200pc Toolkit (cheap one, to see what I break)
E34 AC Control Unit (to be modded for doubleDIN stereo installation)

:) Will get some before/after pics of the new E34. I should start putting things in next week, as most of the parts didnt come in yet (most of my family gave me tracking #'s :))

Zeuk in Oz
12-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Socks & undies ! :p

The greatest present of all was spending 3 days with the out-laws ! Joy of joys !

Wingman : were you by any chance on random breath-testing duty at Goulburn on Christmas eve night ? (Don't know what you do specifically so am just asking a general question - I was stopped near the southern service centre and thought about the co-incidence of the situation had it been you - I was in the ML 270, not the E 34, though.)

Gayle : thanks for the pointers on digital cameras and the associated reports. Ended up buying "she who must be obeyed" a Canon Ixus 750, which is what your "Elph" or the Power Shot SD 550 is called in Oz - amazing that they would have different names.

What a great little camera - I can understand why you were raving about it ! She is really impressed, which means I am in the good books, for a change! :)

emw525E34
12-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Rumoured iBook with 1.5Ghz P4-M costing around $900. And certainly a completely tricked out Intel Based Mac Mini. Been waiting too long for this beasty. If the APPLE STORE has the 20 inch LCD monitor, will take one of those too!.

Picked up an iRiver FP790 MP3 player to compliment the iPod Nano. Its sound just blew me away with Sennhiser headphones. It has wicked voice recoorder which is the main reason I bought this little thing. Love it!

emw525E34
12-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Dude, get that timing chain tensioner checked on the V8. If it breaks, you will have to get Shogun to rebuild the motor!. A pretty costly disaster for a $100 part!.

dacoyote
12-28-2005, 05:49 AM
A lump of coal.....

and my GF didn't even come over...