PDA

View Full Version : Injector Harness

stargazer_61
12-25-2005, 03:30 AM
I am in the process of performing a reseal of the intake manifold and pcv plate replacement. I am ready to remove the injector harnesses and looking at those tiny, nasty little clips that holds the harness to the injectors, I got cold feet. How does one remove those things without losing them in the valley? Not to mention getting them back on? I am afraid that if I spring them, they will go flying off into the ether.

winfred
12-25-2005, 06:37 AM
with a pick you can pop them enough to remove the plug without totally removing the clip

Bill R.
12-25-2005, 06:42 AM
customers who's a dentist gives me when they are no longer good for his work.

with a pick you can pop them enough to remove the plug without totally removing the clip

stargazer_61
12-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks! I'll try one of those.

Anything else to look out for, besides the T30 bolts, which I am replacing?

Merry Christmas!

Kalevera
12-25-2005, 01:18 PM
As with Bill & Winfred, I've used the pick technique, but I've found it much faster to just use a large standard screwdriver, and gently pry up on the plastic case(s) itself. It usually doesn't require much pressure, and is much faster than the dental pick method. The injector harness connectors themselves may pop out of the housing; simply remove them from the injectors (with the pick, but much more easily accessible) and reseat them in the housing.

The only other thing to remember is to reconnect the oil return pipe :)

best, whit

winfred
12-25-2005, 04:38 PM
i use the screwdriver technique sometimes too but i didn't want to suggest it as it's not hard to get carryed away and snap the ears off the plug

As with Bill & Winfred, I've used the pick technique, but I've found it much faster to just use a large standard screwdriver, and gently pry up on the plastic case(s) itself. It usually doesn't require much pressure, and is much faster than the dental pick method. The injector harness connectors themselves may pop out of the housing; simply remove them from the injectors (with the pick, but much more easily accessible) and reseat them in the housing.

The only other thing to remember is to reconnect the oil return pipe :)

best, whit

stargazer_61
12-26-2005, 03:02 AM
If the weather holds today, I am going with the pick method, as I fear that with my heavy hands that I will break off something, which would suck.

I will remember the oil pipe, Whit.

Thanks,

John