PDA

View Full Version : HAMBURG-TECHNIC parts owners update please

Anton CH.
12-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I am considering ordering their m5 upgrade kit (control arms, idler arm, tie rod, etc.). I know there are some users here that are using their parts. In the archives users reported using them for 10k miles. So please state how many miles you got on it now and if any problems surfaced yet.

632 Regal
12-24-2005, 01:10 PM
I have the thrust and control arms on mine, only about 5k though. Lowell has the whole front system and at 10k the centerlink already has play, others say the ball joint ends fail early. I had Lemforder thrust arms before these and the bushings wore out, going to press new bushing in them and install when these fail.

Kalevera
12-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Absolute junk that has already cost me more money to replace with quality OEM parts than it would've cost to purchase the correct parts from BMA the first go around; and the car is only driven in the summer months.

Also, from what I remember from seeing it on eBay, their "M5 upgrade" kit is a joke. Still has the (fake) steel LCAs. Your car probably has aluminum arms on it at present. Don't know about the bushings.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=103436

best, whit

Dave M
12-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Jeff, when did you start driving the cat?

Dave M

632 Regal
12-24-2005, 06:29 PM
riding man riding, and another name for cat...figured this would be much safer than the chicken assassin photos.
Jeff, when did you start driving the cat?

Dave M