PDA

View Full Version : OT: I have fallen prey to the evils of spam

Hector
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
So far I have been ducking and dodging themt but one finally struck a few minutes ago. Got that e-mail to enlarge certain body parts... Yikes!

Phil M
03-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Make sure you do not put your email address into places like forms or surveys unless they are from a reputable company that you are confident wont sell your email address to spammers. I have 2 seperate email address' and use a certain one when im skeptical about something. Also when some spam emails say to "reply with email address in subject line to be removed" DONT do it! its just another ploy to get your email address on their lists.

Hector
03-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Every morning when I first log on, I have about 3 to 5 spam e-mails which I never open and always delete. I too have a second account for stuff that looks suspicious. But the odd thing is that I get more spam at work than I do with my other less secured account. WTH!! Something doesn't add up. Hmmmm... I think some of the stuff I have signed up to like Nature Alert and some other work-related e-news could be the culprit. ****!
Thanks man.

Make sure you do not put your email address into places like forms or surveys unless they are from a reputable company that you are confident wont sell your email address to spammers. I have 2 seperate email address' and use a certain one when im skeptical about something. Also when some spam emails say to "reply with email address in subject line to be removed" DONT do it! its just another ploy to get your email address on their lists.

632 Regal
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
spam mmmm (http://www.spamgift.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryId=32)

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Actually I have a link at the bottom of the home page http://www.bimmer.info/ that links to Mailwasher, which is what I use. I like it. It's free for one account, which is really all you need, but if you have multiple accounts and buy the software by following my link, I get a cut.

Hector
03-10-2004, 06:36 PM
tasty with beans, and boiled eggs but be sure you're alone because you will be windy and reek for a while :o)

632 Regal
03-10-2004, 07:08 PM
which did multiple accounts, I will not upgrade cause I check about 6 or 7 seperate accounts. I love the ability to bounce viruses back to the senders or infected computers...poor people cant get a grip without mailwasher.