PDA

View Full Version : Calling LiquidTiger720

Johntee540
12-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Hey - how do you like your RD2 18's on your e34? I am currently running those wheels on my e39 Wagon and was thinking about moving them over to the e34 instead.

I just scored a set of BBS RK 18's Non-Staggered for the wagon. Just wanted to see how you liked the 18's on yours. I am moving up from 17's BTW - Thanks in advance. - JT

liquidtiger720
12-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmm. well, I love the look, its very unique-- nobody really has them on an e34 afaik. The weight slows it down quite a bit. I'm still scared as **** to bend them.... Otherwise...im very happy with them. I just wish the paint were better. The ride is definetly a lot harsher than my previous 18's.... so I can't comment on how much rougher they will be than your 17's.

So overally, I like them, but the weight is what kills it. The 18's may look a tad big sometimes, and the rear wheels seem to look out of place in some angles...but overall, I am satisfied.

here is a picture for encouragement.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/DSC03053Large.jpg:D

Johntee540
12-24-2005, 04:26 AM
I hear you about bending them. I actually bought an extra from BavAuto at full price to run as a spare. They look the best on the e34 - I have seen them on yours as well as Peter's. I just think the staggered set up on my e39 wagon is a little over the top.

I am going to go ahead and make the move. Thanks - Jt

liquidtiger720
12-24-2005, 10:47 AM
I hear you about bending them. I actually bought an extra from BavAuto at full price to run as a spare. They look the best on the e34 - I have seen them on yours as well as Peter's. I just think the staggered set up on my e39 wagon is a little over the top.

I am going to go ahead and make the move. Thanks - Jt

Hehe. The staggered setup is way way over the top for my 525i. but, I think it would better suit your 540....