PDA

View Full Version : E34 Front Shocks/Sturts replacement in Dallas

jgctx
12-23-2005, 07:10 AM
I own a 1994 E34 525i that is in need of front shocks or struts. I am not sure what it uses, but I just had a son and I am on a tight budget. Does anyone know of anyone in the Dallas area that might be able to replace for cheap or how hard is it to do your self. I need all the help I can get at this point…

Hallmark
12-23-2005, 07:34 AM
There are fairly detailed instructions available on the E34 website and through past posts on this forum. You can get the special tools (mainly a spring compressor) from Autozone for free (deposite required). I've done two of them and it's not bad.

peks
12-23-2005, 04:11 PM
not too tough to do yourself if you got the right tools and a little time to do it. read lowells write up at http://bmw4life.com/suspensionLowellFA.htm if it makes any sense to you, you can prob do it yourself

brodee
12-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Bring it to Houston and I'll help you do it for some pizza and beer. :D

Guapo
12-23-2005, 06:16 PM
I own a 1994 E34 525i that is in need of front shocks or struts. I am not sure what it uses, but I just had a son and I am on a tight budget. Does anyone know of anyone in the Dallas area that might be able to replace for cheap or how hard is it to do your self. I need all the help I can get at this point…

I'll be doing mine sometime in the next few weeks. I've never done it on the BMW, but it can't be that bad. I have plenty of space and tools, and we might be able to coordinate and help each other out. I'm in Plano.