PDA

View Full Version : Way OT - Any One Know How to Record Yamaha Clavinova to PC to make music CD?

RobPatt
12-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Arugh. Been messing with this for hours.
Want to make a Christmas CD of my daughter on the piano.
You'd think it's simple, here's what I've tried and results:
1. Connect the RCA cables out of the piano (Yamaha Clavinova CLP-150) to the mic-in jack on the computer, and do "Sound Recorder". Result - real poor quality and a 60 second limit. (set record setting to CD quality too).
2. Save the recording on the piano (saved as a MIDI) connect to piano via USB and copy the file to PC hard drive. Well file is a MIDI so sound quality just isn't there for a nice warm Christmas CD.
3. Look for free recording software on the internet, all has like 30 second limits, etc.

I'd think option 1 would be the best but the sound quality seems to be "overpowering" the computer.... lots of static, and the 1 minute limit won't work.

Is there a simple way? Any help appreciated, it's almost Christmas and the gift for the grandparents isn't looking so good right now!!

Thanks, Rob.

biondani
12-22-2005, 09:44 AM
1. Connect the RCA cables out of the piano (Yamaha Clavinova CLP-150) to the mic-in jack on the computer, and do "Sound Recorder". Result - real poor quality and a 60 second limit. (set record setting to CD quality too).

You need to connect to a Line-In not a Mic connection. The signal level on a microphone input is a lot lower than the line in. You will be overloading the microphone input and there will be a lot of clipping of the signal.

Ian

RobPatt
12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
...we'll see!

You need to connect to a Line-In not a Mic connection. The signal level on a microphone input is a lot lower than the line in. You will be overloading the microphone input and there will be a lot of clipping of the signal.

Ian

Jay 535i
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
I used to have a Clavinova. A CLP-130, just one step down from yours. They're awesome.

Sorry I can't help with your problem.