PDA

View Full Version : Finally changed my tyre pressures

Paul in NZ
12-22-2005, 12:51 AM
I run 235 45 17 and am always changing tyre pressures,and although the enlightened ones have recomended M5 pressures ie 39f41R i have never done it thinking the ride would be too harsh,my maximum previously being 35 f and r.Well the difference is amazing much sharper handling,less tramlining,car feels much more neutral(always felt a bit "slow" in the front,not quite understeering)for virtually no penalty in ride.If you run 235 45 17 try it!

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
12-22-2005, 06:42 AM
I run 235 45 17 and am always changing tyre pressures,and although the enlightened ones have recomended M5 pressures ie 39f41R i have never done it thinking the ride would be too harsh,my maximum previously being 35 f and r.Well the difference is amazing much sharper handling,less tramlining,car feels much more neutral(always felt a bit "slow" in the front,not quite understeering)for virtually no penalty in ride.If you run 235 45 17 try it!

Indeed. Anybody expecting compliance from the sidewalls of a 45 section tire is misguided and is risking damage to the rims.

FWIW, when I ran my old 535 on the track they instructor said to pump the tires to 40PSI all 'round. The handling was very sharp and the tires held up for the day without serious tread loss on the shoulders. However, from that day forward they were noisy as hell. :)