PDA

View Full Version : ASC light & loping idle

saluki540i
12-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Guys & Gals, I could use a little help. I just finished installing the new clutch, flywheel, valve cover gaskets, tri-flow exhaust, changed oil, serviced the 6 spd., and reset the service lights. Problem is now a loping idle along with the asc light being lit all the time. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the brakes weren
't supposed to be bled using a power bleeder (according to the manual). The only codes in the car were for the driver side 02 sensor which needs replacing. Any thoughts, because the manual isn't much help on this one.

DaCan23
12-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Possibly a blown fuse? If your cruise control cable is not connected it'll have the light on all the time.

saluki540i
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I decided to remove the idle air speed control sol. and clean it out. Needless to say, it needed it, as it wouldn't even move inside. Idle is now near perfect, but I will probably need to clean it out one more time. Still not sure what to make of the ASC light, but for grins I may disconnect the battery for an hour or so, and see if it resets itself.

saluki540i
01-09-2006, 06:30 PM
In my haste to reconnect all the plugs near the throttle body after I replaced the valve cover gaskets, I switched the tps plugs around. ASC light is out and all's well... Still can't say enough about the billy boat too.

DueyT
01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Saluki, and chance of an MP3 of the BB? :D

Thanks in advance,
Duey

632 Regal
01-10-2006, 01:09 PM
that would be cool!
Saluki, and chance of an MP3 of the BB? :D

Thanks in advance,
Duey