PDA

View Full Version : Help With E34 Spoilers

djincitare
12-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know the best place to get complete spoilers (front, rear skirts and side skirts) for a E34?? I was interested in getting something similar to the E34 M5.

motorman
12-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi, I got a kit for mine, not fitted yet, its from a company called zender, looks very simular to M5, got it from car shine in aus, retail 2500 on special at the moment for 1200 AUS at www.carshine.com.au maybe they have another one left ? Just checked, they are still advertising them, so have a look
cheers, mick

pundit
12-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi, I got a kit for mine, not fitted yet, its from a company called zender, looks very simular to M5, got it from car shine in aus, retail 2500 on special at the moment for 1200 AUS at www.carshine.com.au maybe they have another one left ? Just checked, they are still advertising them, so have a look
cheers, mick
Just had a look at their site.
There just has to be a shitload of profit margin in half this stick on plastic stuff.
No offence and I don't mean your kit as such, but $200.00 for a gear knob and $165.00 for a couple of slivers of plastic you stick above your headlights!!!??
I figure if those headlight eyebrows cost any more than $5.00 landed here I'll go take a **** in the middle of the MGC on Boxing Day!!

motorman
12-22-2005, 03:04 AM
I couln't agree more, the spoiler kit is only reasonable at 1200, but 2500, they must be related to Ned Kelly, still, hope it looks good when fitted, hey Pundit, where from in Melb?, I grew up in Greensborough. I can't believe there are so many Ausies with e34's on this forum, and everyone, Ausies and all are great, great help too.
Cheers, Mick

willobmw
12-22-2005, 03:47 AM
I couln't agree more, the spoiler kit is only reasonable at 1200, but 2500, they must be related to Ned Kelly, still, hope it looks good when fitted, hey Pundit, where from in Melb?, I grew up in Greensborough. I can't believe there are so many Ausies with e34's on this forum, and everyone, Ausies and all are great, great help too.
Cheers, Mick
Nice Kit Motorman. I would like to have that front air dam myself.

pundit
12-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Cheers, Mick
I'm from Emerald, in the Dandenong Ranges.
I work in Burwood and grew up in Ringwood... a long time ago!

motorman
12-22-2005, 07:21 PM
My sister lived there, great place away from the rat race, thanks for the reply and nice to read your input too, thanks.
cheers Mick.

McWatters
12-22-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.carshine.com.au/Pictures/BMW/BMW%20-%20E34%20Photo%20Gallery%20-%20Front%20Left%20Seidl%20Tuning%20Black%20Styling %20(e34-01).jpg

why cant they have kits like these

motorman
12-22-2005, 07:41 PM
WOW, I didn't see that picture when I looked, doesn't she look good, can't wait to get it fitted with the alpina wheels I have coming, problem with chrissy coming, everthing is soooo slowww! thanks for the pic.
cheers Mick

McWatters
12-22-2005, 07:51 PM
woa woa u sure u got that kit??

cheers

J.McWatters

motorman
12-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Damn, I think you're right, side and rear skirts are the same, the front spoiler isn't quite as tricky looking as that one, thats a seild, mines a zender on the same web site, don't know how to attach the proper pic, I'll have to learn how, hope she looks as good as that car. cheers Mick

Aussie e34
12-23-2005, 12:43 AM
ive got a complete reiger e39 M5 look body kit for sale, as well as a genuine e34 european aero kit spoiler (the only genuine bmw deck spoiler for the e34!)

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=12380

and pics of the body kit on my long lost friend.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=7489&highlight=r.i.p+evlbm

Phil Sanderson
12-23-2005, 01:57 AM
David, you need to be a member of that forum to view the attachments.

regards
Phil

ive got a complete reiger e39 M5 look body kit for sale, as well as a genuine e34 european aero kit spoiler (the only genuine bmw deck spoiler for the e34!)

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=12380

and pics of the body kit on my long lost friend.

http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php?t=7489&highlight=r.i.p+evlbm

Aussie e34
12-23-2005, 03:54 PM
its Chris,
sorry i didnt realise that you needed to be a member to view the link.
the spoiler i have is brand new straight outta the box and s un touched un painted etce tce.
the body kit will come primed in either a light blue or grey ready to be fitted and painted. (the two black car photo's are of the body kit on my dearly beloved and sorely missed first car and the white one is a photo that was sent to me of the spoiler on someone elses car)

Phil Sanderson
12-24-2005, 04:31 AM
[QUOTE=Aussie e34]its Chris,QUOTE]
regards
Phil

Aussie e34
12-25-2005, 09:09 PM
phill, thanks for the comment bou the iLE. she's a bit of a mess at the moment, but slowly bringing her back to how she should be presented.

tis partly why im selling the body kit and spoiler, wanting the funds to help pour all it back into the LE.

95-540iLE
12-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Chris

Anything particular that has happened to #16 or just referring to a general need to bring it back up to scratch?

Will be in Melbourne in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

phill, thanks for the comment bou the iLE. she's a bit of a mess at the moment, but slowly bringing her back to how she should be presented.

tis partly why im selling the body kit and spoiler, wanting the funds to help pour all it back into the LE.

Aussie e34
12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
david? im assuming?
no nothing specific, it was bought in a tired state and i just want to bring it up to a standard where i feel she deserves. ive just completed a full inspec 2 service, referbished the front bar (it had some damage from previous owner) there is a minor leak from 2 bolts around the engine cover so ill get them sorted and ill get a powder coat done on the slightly flaking rocker cover, umm oh i have a special surprise coming hopfully by the end of this week which will be fitted straight away.
but yeah basically its just very minor things that whilst i have a little extra moolah i want fixed and brought back to an almost show standard. (it'll take a while but i'll get there)

grave77
12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
in dubai mate ... BigKriss was willing to get ones from here ... full set second hand for the price of the front spoiler you get at ur place

95-540iLE
12-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Chris

Yes, it is David. I am glad to hear the work you are doing is more about refurbishment than repair. I thought I read a suggestion in the post that you had done something drastic to it.

It sounds like it will be almost perfect once you have finished. I will have to drop by next time I am there and have a look.

Incidentally, the guy who bought #19 recently bought an E36 M3 with only 25,000kms on it and sold #19 to an accountant in Adelaide. Apparently, the accountant has a perfect condition 3.6 E34 M5 and wanted #19 as his daily driver!

Cheers
David

david? im assuming?
no nothing specific, it was bought in a tired state and i just want to bring it up to a standard where i feel she deserves. ive just completed a full inspec 2 service, referbished the front bar (it had some damage from previous owner) there is a minor leak from 2 bolts around the engine cover so ill get them sorted and ill get a powder coat done on the slightly flaking rocker cover, umm oh i have a special surprise coming hopfully by the end of this week which will be fitted straight away.
but yeah basically its just very minor things that whilst i have a little extra moolah i want fixed and brought back to an almost show standard. (it'll take a while but i'll get there)

Aussie e34
12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
yeah it'd be good to catch up and have a look at your new LE after you initailly bought it, compare the differences etc.
no nothing drastic, everything that i have or plan to do to the LE can easily and without any damage be undone to return it to 100% original condition. the umm improvements that im doing are mostly just factory options such as m5 rear bumper, spoiler and that the rest like e39 m5 illuminated gear knob, smoked turn signals ummmm eisenmann racing exhaust (shhh its a secret) strut brace and bigger brakes are all things that i can change without damage to the car and are what i feel improve the car rather than rice it up or take away from its limited edition heritage and rariety.

95-540iLE
12-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Chris

Yeah, that all sounds good. I toyed with the M5 bumpers myself (and are still considering them) - I even tracked down a set on the 'surplus' list, but then missed out. Have you acquired bumpers yet? If so, where from?

Personally, I prefer the 1995 M5 illuminated knob fitted to our cars and the look of the cars without the boot spoiler - but each to their own.

I have white indicator lights all round on mine, the rears being BMW genuine Hella items and the front and sides off EBay.

I also have an Eisenmann racing exhaust (70mm) fitted. Love the sound ... like a V8 racer under load, but nice and quiet when driving around.

What are you looking at for the bigger brakes? I would like the 1995 M5 floating brakes, but f...ing expensive!!

Cheers
David

yeah it'd be good to catch up and have a look at your new LE after you initailly bought it, compare the differences etc no nothing drastic, everything that i have or plan to do to the LE can easily and without any damage be undone to return it to 100% original condition. the umm improvements that im doing are mostly just factory options such as m5 rear bumper, spoiler and that the rest like e39 m5 illuminated gear knob, smoked turn signals ummmm eisenmann racing exhaust (shhh its a secret) strut brace and bigger brakes are all things that i can change without damage to the car and are what i feel improve the car rather than rice it up or take away from its limited edition heritage and rariety.

Aussie e34
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
barsted, how'd you get the eisnemann exhaust, i didnt think there were very many if any on aus. damn you. (ahh but mine will be bigger lol im getting the 80mm twin tips)
the e39 knob looks great it brings a bit of shine to the interier with the nice brushed alu and lether.
i have a friend bringing in a wrecked and parted m5 from europe, apparantly it'l be sorted out some time mid feb. we were looking for a 95 m5 so that it already had the bigger floating dicks and i was going to pinch them, but i think someone else has dibs on them fist.
as for the spoiler im still in debate as i had realy loved the aero spoiler like the one fited to the calispo red LE in WA but when i bought it i didnt like it as much, so im still considering my options, i love the e39 m5 ones but dont want to put one on as it wasnt an option for the e34's and would take away from the car's rareity.

95-540iLE
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Chris

Bought the exhaust through a crowd in Chicago. All up ended costing me about A$1500, plus about $90 fitting.

I am interested in bringing in a 95 M5 myself. Am on the lookout for a mechanically sound LHD example that might have seen one too many Euro winters! ie cheap because of the condition of the body, but has all the bits I am looking for!

If I can find the right car at the right price, I plan to chop it in half and bring it in as 2 half cuts.

barsted, how'd you get the eisnemann exhaust, i didnt think there were very many if any on aus. damn you. (ahh but mine will be bigger lol im getting the 80mm twin tips)
the e39 knob looks great it brings a bit of shine to the interier with the nice brushed alu and lether.
i have a friend bringing in a wrecked and parted m5 from europe, apparantly it'l be sorted out some time mid feb. we were looking for a 95 m5 so that it already had the bigger floating dicks and i was going to pinch them, but i think someone else has dibs on them fist.
as for the spoiler im still in debate as i had realy loved the aero spoiler like the one fited to the calispo red LE in WA but when i bought it i didnt like it as much, so im still considering my options, i love the e39 m5 ones but dont want to put one on as it wasnt an option for the e34's and would take away from the car's rareity.