PDA

View Full Version : Tan rubber mats for E34?

swenpro
12-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I've reread all the threads on rubber mats a few times now, and I want to finally just get some rubber/all-season mats for my car and be done with it. Seems like most people get black or grey mats, but both my exterior and interior are tan, so I was hoping to find some tan rubber mats to match for less than $60.

Weathertechs and OEM's cost too much for me to justify for winter use only. BavAuto's black custom-fit rubber mats seem allright, but I e-mailed them and they said other colors won't be available until spring or summer. Does anyone have experience with relatively inexpensive tan rubber mats that work pretty well? Thanks in advance

willobmw
12-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Nice car Swen. Do a search on the Web. You should be able to come up with something. I have tan interior also. I lucked out on the PO having invested in a set of Weathertechs. The old black ones with the red piping. I run my CoCo mats otherwise. Good price on the Bavs. Make do with some clears for this winter or pony up for some Weathertechs.
So far this year, I haven't had to look at that black rubber either.
Good Luck,
Willobmw
1990 535i

swenpro
12-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks, Willobmw... yeah, I'll keep looking. Anyone else with tan rubber mats?

djincitare
12-21-2005, 08:51 PM
have you tried BMP Design??

crowegreg
12-22-2005, 08:23 AM
My exterior is the same color as your's, but you interior seats may be lighter. The carpet and door panels look the same. Here's a link for what I purchased.
http://mercedes.thebenzbin.com/?year=1992&make=BM&imageField22222.x=36&imageField22222.y=8
I purchased the Husky. The quality is good, they are not a custom fit. They're close, but not perfect. You have to cut them a little, but they work for me.

crowegreg
12-22-2005, 08:25 AM
The link did not work the way I had hoped. From the link, select 525i, accessory, floor mat. The Husky are the ones I purchased.

sdenman
12-22-2005, 04:41 PM
I looked all over as well and I know i should not have but I bought mine at the stealership.

swenpro
12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
I looked all over as well and I know i should not have but I bought mine at the stealership.

Interesting... does the dealer sell tan rubber mats for E34s? I assumed the OEM rubber mats were only in black...