PDA

View Full Version : Neewbie Introduction

Island530i
12-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Well after checking out the forum for some time now I've decided to register. Currently I only have one BMW, a 95 530i that I feel I got for a steal. I've had it for about six months now, previousley owned a 87 325es. The car has been great, only a few little things that leave me puzzled. The important one now that the temps have fallen outside is the rear console heat vent. Is this capable of blowing heat or just cold? My kids are cold so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

azale
12-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I can get heat to the rear seat throught the vents under the front seats but the high vent for the rear seat is only cold. A slight 2% possibility for me might be that the passenger side climate control switch (or actuator or whatever) is broken, but I think that is supposed to control the passenger side, not the rear.

Post the answer when you figure it out.

632 Regal
12-21-2005, 08:10 AM
the rear console vent only pumps fresh air, the heat in under the front seats, set the levers so that it pumps from the bottom and more heat will go back, or you could set the mid vents to push it bak but the lower area will still be cold.

dacoyote
12-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the board... got any pictures?

Island530i
12-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info I can stop scratching my head now

Island530i
12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
I'll probably have pics on by this weekend

Jay 535i
12-21-2005, 11:37 AM
You're question has been answered, but maybe not very clearly ;)

The vents you're asking about are for FRESH AIR ONLY. So, if it's cold outside, they will pump cold air, regardless of how much you've cranked up the heat. The rear seat passengers will still get warm air through the vents under the front seats.

I close the vents in question completely during winter, as they only undermine the efforts of the heating system.

Back seat passengers can sort of control their own climate by opening or closing those vents. If they're too warm but you're comfortable, open them a bit and the rear seat passengers will get a cool breeze that you won't feel. Nifty, especially for my menopausal mother, who's always hot. :)

Island530i
12-22-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks so much for the help, I have to say that the quick response here is awsome

willobmw
12-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks so much for the help, I have to say that the quick response here is awsome
Welcome aboard and Happy Holidays.