PDA

View Full Version : Winfred one last question...

Jon K
12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
i found out that the crank shaft sensor is a pin 67 and 68 on the bosch motronic 3.1 ecu. Now, lastly, i need to know... do the injectors have power if the ECU is powered off. Say I unplug my +12v to the ecu power input... do the injectors no longer work?

I asked on the MS forum if its ok to use the ECU +12v and ground so the MS comes on and off with factory ECU, reply was:

"Jon k,

If and only if this supply always switched on and off with the injector power. Under no circumstances should the ijectors be powered while MegaSquirt isn't, even if a relay fails, etc."

So, do the injectors shut off with the ECU shutting off?

winfred
12-21-2005, 06:14 AM
they should power up and down with the main relay (i can't remember without looking at a diagram exactly how it's routed), they are triggered by the computer with a ground pulse

Bill R.
12-21-2005, 07:22 AM
grounds them opening them up.. so they are under power whenever the main relay is powered up... which also depends on the dme to ground the main relay and complete its circuit sending power to the injectors.

they should power up and down with the main relay (i can't remember without looking at a diagram exactly how it's routed), they are triggered by the computer with a ground pulse