PDA

View Full Version : Left turn signal blinks fast sometimes, other times not?...

Jon K
12-20-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't know whats goin on here. I have yet to inspect bulbs, but sometimes when i move my indicator stalk to the left side it blinks fast like there is a bulb out... but i can see my bulbs in reflection of other cars... theyre just blinking fast.. right side is fine. What gives? Any idea guys? Could it be the cold? Its like 25 here.

Black 535i
12-20-2005, 04:20 PM
This fix works on my wife's Volvo, maybe it will work here.

I don't know whats goin on here. I have yet to inspect bulbs, but sometimes when i move my indicator stalk to the left side it blinks fast like there is a bulb out... but i can see my bulbs in reflection of other cars... theyre just blinking fast.. right side is fine. What gives? Any idea guys? Could it be the cold? Its like 25 here.

shanek
12-20-2005, 04:45 PM
My 86 325E did that when my sidemarker light burned out. I put in a new bulb and it stopped but it started again after a few days because water was leaking in.

Jr ///M5
12-20-2005, 05:00 PM
It's not the sidemarker bulb. Those of us running European trim delete the sidemarker bulbs and it makes no difference.

The rear bulb is the usual suspect in this case and just needs the silver contacts shined up a bit.

Jr

ryan roopnarine
12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
low blinker fluid?

sounds like one of the bulbs is intermittent somewhere, ie, front shows but back is flacking out occasionally.

dacoyote
12-20-2005, 05:29 PM
low blinker fluid?

sounds like one of the bulbs is intermittent somewhere, ie, front shows but back is flacking out occasionally.

Isn't that what the Warthog needs in Halo???

632 Regal
12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
same thing as a brillo pad and stabilant 22, that stuff is like magic.

Booster
12-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Agreed Jon.........those of us in high humidity climates that can drop up to 50 degrees overnite can easily be the victims of light corrosion and moisture.
I've also found that the bulb quality of today can be BAD right off the shelf too !
Many times I've run the problems down to loose steel bulb housings from the glass etc.Junk.
Shooting some light WD40 or better when installing new bulbs can conquer the two issues of condensation gathering around contacts and ALSO reducing the stress on the cheaply made bulb construction.;)
...............Damn its getting COLD !!lol
...............Vinny

Jr ///M5
12-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Isn't that the side your supercharger is on? You might have to get another supercharger for the other side...:D

Jon K
12-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Isn't that the side your supercharger is on? You might have to get another supercharger for the other side...:D

crap its the electro magnetic field emitter hooked to the supercharger!!!!

Thanks JR!!!

Incantation
12-20-2005, 08:20 PM
mine did that and one of the filaments in the fast blinking bulb was out

another cause could be because the side bumper indicator bulb is out

Rory
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
another cause could be because the side bumper indicator bulb is out

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showpost.php?p=118817&postcount=4