PDA

View Full Version : Clock/OBC light is dim...

swenpro
12-20-2005, 12:23 PM
When I first got my E34 the clock display would be dim sometimes and normal other times. For the last month now, however, it's been just plain dim. If I look closely, I can still barely read it. Is this the OBC bulb that has gone out?

If so, I see from other helpful posts that the CORRECT part number for the 12v bulb is 62 11 1 368 299... I've seen others write about how cheap they are, and "get 3 of them," but my local dealer wants $3.99/ea. :( How many do I really need to bring my clock back to life (it's so much more homely when it's lit! :p ) and where can I buy for cheap... or is four bucks a pop my best bet?

Thanks

dacoyote
12-20-2005, 12:25 PM
When I first got my E34 the clock display would be dim sometimes and normal other times. For the last month now, however, it's been just plain dim. If I look closely, I can still barely read it. Is this the OBC bulb that has gone out?

If so, I see from other helpful posts that the CORRECT part number for the 12v bulb is 62 11 1 368 299... I've seen others write about how cheap they are, and "get 3 of them," but my local dealer wants $3.99/ea. :( How many do I really need to bring my clock back to life (it's so much more homely when it's lit! :p ) and where can I buy for cheap... or is four bucks a pop my best bet?

Thanks

Try BMA... or your local indy....

JonE
12-20-2005, 12:44 PM

Thanks
Jeff will suggest replacing all the bulbs while you're in there. That way you won't have to go in and replace the rest of them again later...

granit_silber
12-20-2005, 12:58 PM

Thanks
Find a different dealer.

With my BMW CCA discount I paid 89 cents per bulb. I don't know where you're located but, Hendrick Imports has a mail-order 20% discount to CCA members. Princeton BMW also has an online presence and offers good prices. Look through an issue of Roundel and check out the dealers in there.

-ashley

dacoyote
12-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Jeff will suggest replacing all the bulbs while you're in there. That way you won't have to go in and replace the rest of them again later...

Yes he will... I am shocked he hasn't posted yet...