PDA

View Full Version : Emblem swap woes

Cactuar
12-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey guys, this morning I received the emblem I ordered from eBay to replace the worn one on the hood. Even though it's really cold outside I decided to replace it anyway.

The emblem came off after much fighting with it. The problem is that the little grommets didn't come off, the emblem actually broke off. So I had to try to pry them off but after some more fighting the little pins fell *inside* the hood! I thought, no big deal they'll just come out on the other side. Well I couldn't find them under the hood or on the ground. Anyhoo, I placed the new emblem in but the problem is that there's a little play if I tap the emblem at the top and at the bottom. It feels like it's not properly seated in the holes but I really can't push it any further (trust me I tried). Is it going to fall off or can I just leave it alone?

Torque
12-20-2005, 10:53 AM
The trunk roundel on dad's 525 moves a little like that, but it's been on there for the last 6 months, so I'd say you're safe too.

Cactuar
12-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Alright thanks. It just doesn't feel very nice if people touch the emblem and it's all flimsy, but as long as it doesn't fall off it's all good :)

granit_silber
12-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Alright thanks. It just doesn't feel very nice if people touch the emblem and it's all flimsy, but as long as it doesn't fall off it's all good :)
This may be a stupid question but....

Did you replace the plastic grommets?
-ashley

Cactuar
12-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Yeah I put on brand new grommets on the new roundel. The grommets sort of have a T shape and while trying to pry the old ones off the hood my priers eventually ate some of the rubber and the shape ended up like an I, that's why the old grommets fell into the hole.