PDA

View Full Version : 1995 525ia - May have to go - pricing opinions?

mjradin
12-20-2005, 06:03 AM
My friends - I admit hoarding. I have a 1989 535im that is trick - to be mine for a long time.

My wife's 1995 525ia is stock but sweet. For cost reasons, the wife's may have to go.

Stats:

114,000 miles
new: radiator, transmission, shocks, water pump, o2 sensor,
Millie Miglia 16" rims with Bridgestone RE-950's.

Very well maintained.

My neighbor may want it.

What is a fair price?

Thanks.

mjradin
12-20-2005, 06:05 AM
new a/c compressor, thrust arms/bushings,

Jr ///M5
12-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Can you post pictures? We would also like to know if there are service records that are current? By what you have listed, it sounds like it has been taken care of well. What color is the exterior/interior and the condition of the interior/exterior, such as wear,cracks or dents,scratches and dings. Finally, the location of the car. Not meaning to hammer on you, but we need to know a few more details in order for us to help.
I've been looking myself for a couple of them, I have a list of 6 that range anywhere from $6400-$9000 before negotiation. Bone stock BMW's are always easier to sell and appeal to a wider market, or at least include the original equipment with the car.

Jr

mjradin
12-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Car is in Boston area. We bought it from the first owner. It was dealer matinained (I have the records) for the first 80k, then I took over. I have all records. The prior owner was prudent. As for me, natural oil changes (Mobil) about every 3000 miles since I got it. Coolant changed at least every 2 years. Recent change with the radiator.

Dark blue exterior, light blue interior. A few minor dings outside. Inside the leather is good except (i) some cracking on driver's armreast, and (ii) prior owner tried a dye job on the leather that shows when you are lovingly using Lexol to clean and protect (i.e., not very noticable unless you are a fanatic like most of us here).

I can post pix but it will take a few days. It has the running skirts, good paint for a 10 year old. I use 3m imperial hand glaze and blitzwax a few times a year and it has really gotten the car to a good base.

I hate to sell it but with kids and paying for some remodeling work - plus the fact that the 535 will need a radiator, a/c compressor, new head unit, Valentine one ...[why is it that there is always something more to add to these machines to make it just a tad more to our liking? How did we get so seduced? Oh I confess, I have a bad virus....]